Author Topic: continued problem on my S2  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Dubler1

continued problem on my S2
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:06:04 PM »
i posted this a while ago and it still hasn't been fixed.  thought id see if its popping up on anyone else yet.

ive had my S2 for a year and after a mag hits the ground once or twice, it will fail to chamber a round. specifically, it wont chamber the first round when trying to load and make ready. (I'm a USPSA shooter). If i clean the mag, wipe it with a rem cloth, all is fine. but really! i have to clean it after every stage!? 

at iron sight nationals last year i talked with a CZ custom guy who said it needed a new factory recoil spring.  i did that and it didn't help. i ordered some plus 10% mag springs yesterday, hoping that helps.

any suggestions cause I'm completely fed up

Offline BLUEPSTU

Re: continued problem on my S2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
I know you say that you have wiped them down but have you totally taken the magazines apart and cleaned them? I was having problems with my TSO mags because I had never cleaned out the insides. (I had gone about 5,000 rounds without cleaning them)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
When you say it doesn't chamber a round what is it not doing?  Nose diving or not feeding properly?

I don't know if I would wipe anything inside a magazine.  I've heard here that some will polish a magazine with shoe polish wax.

i would just keep them clean and dry.  The +10 Wolff springs will probably fix your feeding issues.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline Dubler1

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 01:48:21 PM »
when i say wipe them down i mean taken apart, used a bristle brush to the inside, wipe the inside of mag well, spring, and follower with dry cloth, then a rem cloth, then put all back together again.   then, after i shoot a stage i have to do the same thing all over again to the mags that hit the ground.

sometimes i do a dry cloth after the oil cloth but it yields the same result

Offline Dubler1

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:49:59 PM »
tdogg,
it doesn't fully chamber a round. the round goes half way up the feedramp and stops. slide doesn't go fully into battery

Offline LAFOshooter

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »
Factory or reload ammo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dubler1

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
both

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »
when i say wipe them down i mean taken apart, used a bristle brush to the inside, wipe the inside of mag well, spring, and follower with dry cloth, then a rem cloth, then put all back together again.   then, after i shoot a stage i have to do the same thing all over again to the mags that hit the ground.

sometimes i do a dry cloth after the oil cloth but it yields the same result

Man that would be frustrating. I wonder if the bristles have scratched the inside making grooves that cause hang ups.

Is this a problem on all 3 mags thst came with the gun, or only one of them?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Offline WVsig

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 05:09:25 PM »
Is it happening with all the mags or just one? Have you contacted CZ about the mags? Have you tried after-market Mec-Gars or even CZ 75B mag?
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline Dubler1

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 05:20:58 PM »
i talked with the CZ armorer at iron sights nationals. as i said in my original post, he said it was a recoil spring issue.  i changed that and it didn't fix the problem.

i bought 6 mags originally from cz custom, then later 6 mec gear mags. EVERY MAG DOES IT

Offline WVsig

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
Have you called CZ? I would send it back to them.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »
JMHO
Clean the mags one more time until dry and spotless.  Apply a coat of high grade liquid "car polish" on the inside and outside.  When dry polish with a soft cotton clothe.
^^^This with a slightly heavier recoil spring should feed smoothly each and every time.
The +10% mag spring is good too.
Hope this helps.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
i talked with the CZ armorer at iron sights nationals. as i said in my original post, he said it was a recoil spring issue.  i changed that and it didn't fix the problem.

i bought 6 mags originally from cz custom, then later 6 mec gear mags. EVERY MAG DOES IT

If you have done all the cleaning you say you have, bought additional mags from CZ Custom, and bought additional Mecgar mags. Yet, the problem persists.... Sounds like if call the CZ will be the solution. If you lay out all the trouble shooting you did, along with following the instructions of their armorer at Nationals, I am sure they will get you a return label right away.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Dubler1

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 02:50:08 PM »
left a message with CZ custom.  lets see how long it takes to hear back.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 03:40:41 PM »
Unless you purchased this firearm from CZ Custom, you should probably contact CZ USA for warranty work.

Have you tried the +10 mag springs?

Good luck,
Toby
This forum rocks!

anything