Author Topic: 0.75mm can make a big difference!  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
0.75mm can make a big difference!
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:19:09 PM »
I mostly carry OWB at 3:30 to 4:00. I have a very awesome UBG pancake holster featuring relatively wide-spread belt snaps that I use for my CZ 2075. I really like the quick on/off capability of the snaps having to go in and out of criminal safe zones in the course of my business. If I?m not mistaken, this holster is advertised as a ?low riding? holster. I have some hip/back problems which is why I mix up my carry rotation to include alternate arms in the pocket, etc. I have a lightweight revolver in this rotation and even when carried on the hip, it provides a much better level of comfort. I always chalked this up to the lower loaded weight and the ergonomics of the revolver with the handle riding higher than the heavier auto pistol.
On a whim, I decided to try out an older OWB Don Hume open top holster designed for the Beretta PX4sc. The Rami is certainly looser in the leather, but it holds it securely enough for me.
DANG! Despite the narrower spaced belt loops, this Don Hume is so much more comfortable on the hip. I have a couple of months now ?under my belt? utilizing this holster/comparing the two.
A measurement of gun height above the belt line revealed a mere 0.75mm higher for the Don Hume holster, which on my body apparently brings the gun just above my hip?s pain point.
Anyway ? hopefully this helps someone out there in their quest to find the perfect holster - - not all holsters and hips are created equal. Less than 1mm can make a difference!

anything