Author Topic: Weapon Light for SP01 Compact  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Weapon Light for SP01 Compact
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
The other night I was drifting off around 12:30 AM and suddenly heard a crashing sound downstairs. Turned out to be a big pack of Ramen noodles that fell off the top shelf of the pantry. BUT I didn't have a good weapon light, just in case. I jumped on and did some searching. I didn't want to spend $100 ish and I came across this light:
https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Armament-Tactical-Constant-Pistols/dp/B06XH6KGGF

Reviews seem good, with some potential issues with the light staying on the pistol while firing. It DOES stick out the front of my SP-01 Compact a little. I'll give it a test today at the range and see if it stays on. I'll let ya'll know what comes of this little light and if it is a viable budget friendly option.

Side Note: This SP-01 Compact has a Vortex red dot mounted via a plate in the rear sight notch. With the light on the front this thing is officially a battle tank!!!!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Uriel67

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »
What made you remove the Lok bogies? I'm thinking of getting a set. Do you still have yours and would you consider selling if so?
LOK bogies. Looks like this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 01:03:18 PM »
The only time I shoot a pistol with a light on it that hangs way out front is when I'm first testing it out and centering the laser.  Other than then, I cover it completely up with tape to keep from getting gun powder blast all over it.  I hate cleaning the light.  When I get home from the range I take the tape off, ready to go, and no cleaning! 

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 01:52:06 PM »
What made you remove the Lok bogies? I'm thinking of getting a set. Do you still have yours and would you consider selling if so?
LOK bogies. Looks like this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the Bogies but the inlay is not an option with them. I sold them already over in the Classifieds.

The checkerboard is close but not quite as aggressive.

M1 - ugh on the shipping. Amazon sells them if anyone is a Prime member and wants free 2-day shipping.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »
The only time I shoot a pistol with a light on it that hangs way out front is when I'm first testing it out and centering the laser.  Other than then, I cover it completely up with tape to keep from getting gun powder blast all over it.  I hate cleaning the light.  When I get home from the range I take the tape off, ready to go, and no cleaning!

Thats a great idea. Having never shot a pistol with a light on it you are saving me a learning curve and cleaning time, thank you!

Offline Arndog123

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »

I cut the thumb off a latex glove and use that like a condom on my weapon light. ;D

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 03:11:46 PM »
Hahaha a little blue tape to hold it on and that could be the best solution I could think of!

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 03:29:04 PM »
^Bingo...that is a even better idea...Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:39:19 PM by longgonedaddy »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »
I've always wiped the light with the same oily cloth I wipe the metal parts of my guns with.  Even the lens.  Leaves some oil on the lens.  When I clean it I just wipe the lens with a clean bore patch.  When I put it back together after cleaning I wipe it off again with the oily cloth.

So far I've not seen any damage to the lens but that .357 SIG M&P FS burnt the finish off the metal ring that holds the lens in place.

I haven't shot the P01 with the TLR3 on it enough to say whether it'll eventually damage the ring that holds the lens on or not.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline krehmkej

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:53 PM »
Thanks everybody.
Olight it is.
-jwk-

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »
This Ozark light stayed on tight. That was one of the negatives that popped up on a few reviews. It doesn't fit the OP's requirement of not protruding but it sure seems like a viable budget light.

I forgot to turn the GoPro on while shooting these initial shots... But I shot 4 shots from 3 different mags at the little green square from 10 yards. 2 hand grip, just standing. Center to center the group measured 0.62" and that translates to 1.56" at 25 yards. That is in my wheel house when I have targets I can see indoors at that distance (bad lighting in this place for that) so the calculations seem to be representative, at least for me. Bottom two shots on the target were the first pass at 1 shot, reload, 1 shot. I hadn't done that drill with the red dot.

The raw stats about these SP-01 Compacts just can't explain why I love both of mine... How the feel, how they shoot, their reliability, and the roles I am finding for them just make sense. Anyway, didn't mean to detract from the OP's main question. Just sharing the results of this budget light's maiden range trip.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 08:01:42 AM »
How do they feel?

Solid.  Reliable.  Increases you confidence level because now you're ready, for whatever.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
Well, it appears they use USPS to ship the lights.  In spite of what they say on their web site of a 2 to 4 day wait from ordering to delivery, they ain't gonna make it using USPS.

It took the USPS over 48 hours to get the tiny little light from their facility at Marietta, GA to their facility at Atlanta, GA.  They promise delivery by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh well, it was "free."

As for the QD lever on the light, I guess that makes it easy to detach the light, lay it on the counter top and plug it in to recharge vs. laying the pistol with attached light on the counter top to recharge the battery.  The boys are grown up/moved out but I still prefer to keep the pistols out of sight.

Arrived?

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »
Got it a couple days ago (well, Tuesday, in the mail - I got an e-mail that it had arrived at the post office (barely a mile from my house) on Saturday afternoon.  Took'em till Tuesday to get it that 1.1 miles down the road to my mail box.  Didn't cause me a problem, it's just typical of the USPS and helps explain why they are always in trouble.

Charged it up (like how the connection at the light glows red till the battery is charged and then turns green to show fully charged.

Fits on the pistol like it's part of the pistol (CZ SP01 Compact), then I took it off and put the Mantiss on to do some dry fire.

Only 2 reviews on the Olight site, both positive.

We'll see how it works out.

anything