Author Topic: Shadow Compact in Stock!!  (Read 19537 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Shadow Compact in Stock!!
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:01:29 PM »
This was my dream gun before the SP-01 Compacts showed up. Hard to believe it is in stock again! With the alloy frame it is nice and light, but it costs as much as both of my SP-01 Compacts... Not what I can swing right now but I sure hope a bunch of member get them! Thanks to the member who posted this in another sub forum!

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-shadow-line/cz-75-compact-shadow-line-sa-da.html
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline afultz075

Re: Shadow Compact in Stock!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
I'm in the same boat as you. I sorely wanted one of these before the SP-01 Compacts came out, and ended up building up one of those when they came on the market.

I spent waaay too much on gun stuff in 2016 and 2017 and I want keep my purchases this year to a minimum, but I don't think I can pass one of these up after waiting for 3-4 years. Might have to purge a few Glocks out of my collection I never shoot to justify it.

Offline Kublah

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »
I missed the 99021's.. Missed the 99041's... Missed the original Compact Shadows. God bleepit though, I got this one! I was able to grab this before lunch even.

Also I saw this https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/415001604/CZ+P-01+9mm+Steel+Frame+with+rail+and+safety+14%2B1+

If the 91167 didn't come in, I would have snatched this up despite the price.

Thank you CZ Custom/Stuart !

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »
If anyone is interested, pm or email me.

Offline seaswol

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 11:35:24 PM »
I missed the 99021's.. Missed the 99041's... Missed the original Compact Shadows. God bleepit though, I got this one! I was able to grab this before lunch even.

Also I saw this https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/415001604/CZ+P-01+9mm+Steel+Frame+with+rail+and+safety+14%2B1+

Well that's different.  The one Buds listing is labeled a 99041 but the photo shows the "75 Compact" roll mark of the 99021.  Maybe just a stock photo from last year.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »

If the 91167 didn't come in, I would have snatched this up despite the price.

Congratulations!!! These have the alloy frame like the P-01 so it's going to be more realistic to carry if you chose. Can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it!

I'm in the same boat as you. I sorely wanted one of these before the SP-01 Compacts came out, and ended up building up one of those when they came on the market.

I spent waaay too much on gun stuff in 2016 and 2017 and I want keep my purchases this year to a minimum, but I don't think I can pass one of these up after waiting for 3-4 years. Might have to purge a few Glocks out of my collection I never shoot to justify it.

Let's just say that if I had any Glocks, or any other pistols besides my CZ's I would thin the heard to get this bad boy! You know this is worth it! Especially since CZ UB said they were ending production of it!!  :o

If anyone is interested, pm or email me.

You're a champ Stuart, thanks for taking care of us!

Offline afultz075

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:50:23 PM »
Alright, I caved and bought one.  ;D

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
Oh sweet goodness!! I can't wait to hear what you think when you get it! I need to sell some other people's Glocks to get one.  O0

Offline afultz075

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »
Scarlett I am solely blaming you on this one LOL - mentioning that CZUB was discontinuing these is what sent me over the edge. Where did you get that info anyway?

I am all too familiar with how difficult (and expensive) it is to track down specific CZs once they stop making them, i.e. my odysseys I underwent tracking down my CZ-USA import 83 in .32 and my Satin Nickel 85 Combat years after they were disco'd.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 01:15:03 AM »
Scarlett I am solely blaming you on this one LOL - mentioning that CZUB was discontinuing these is what sent me over the edge. Where did you get that info anyway?

I am all too familiar with how difficult (and expensive) it is to track down specific CZs once they stop making them, i.e. my odysseys I underwent tracking down my CZ-USA import 83 in .32 and my Satin Nickel 85 Combat years after they were disco'd.

Here's a review I came across that I read in the past. I think a forum member shared it in a thread.... It will only make you more pleased with your decision! I take full responsibility.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2206

Still searching for where I saw that it was being discontinued...

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 01:29:04 AM »
So as of now in my digging to validate my statement. The Shadow line points stops were not listed in the 2017 CZUB Catalog. I think I had checked the CZUB site and they were not listed for a while. As of now, just the Compact Shadow Line is listed on the CZUB site. So they may be continuing its production over there. So this is a once every three years or so thing...?

Offline afultz075

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
Got my shipping notice already!

I ended up adding an extended firing pin and 13# main spring to my order. I'm pretty sure I have an extra CGW Type 1 disconnector in my parts box that will go in this as well.

Offline twowheels

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »
Holy cow, I never thought I'd ever see one of these available new!

Offline afultz075

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 11:10:54 AM »
Does anyone know how many of these they imported for the first batch several years ago? Can't remember if it was spring of 2013 or 2014 that these were first imported, but in the time since i have seen a grand total of 1 for sale on the secondary market, and it went for $1500.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »
I wish I wouldn't have posted this. Now I know every time someone posts and hear things such as,

Does anyone know how many of these they imported for the first batch several years ago? Can't remember if it was spring of 2013 or 2014 that these were first imported, but in the time since i have seen a grand total of 1 for sale on the secondary market, and it went for $1500.

I am slowly considering selling things and getting one to sit on as an "investment".