Author Topic: Tul ammo at walmart  (Read 238 times)

Offline Lifesaver

Tul ammo at walmart
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »
My Walmart here in Sc had Tul aluminum case 11g 9mm box of 50 for $7.97 and Federal 100 Rd box 9mm fmj for $18.00. Seems like a good deal and I bought all the Tul they had.

Offline AngelDeVille

Re: Tul ammo at walmart
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:43 PM »
A lot of peeples complain about Tula stuff, but it shoots just fine.  I have shot a lot of the steel, but not the aluminum.

Was the Federal brass case?
I got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun...

WWJMBD
Sent from the panic room, via two tin cans attached with a string, and a jail broken Atari 2600, while wearing a Tin Foil hat.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
That Federal metal (aluminum?) cased 9mm will not work well in my 75.  The case rim isn't to spec, and it won't extract well. A couple failures per mag to my memory.  Only bought it once, and once the failures proved to be consistent, the remainder was relegated to another pistol.  Brass case Federal works fine.

As to the Tula, if it meets you're expectations, it's fine, but generally speaking, cheap ammo is cheap ammo, so it's all about your expectations.  ;)

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »
A lot of peeples complain about Tula stuff, but it shoots just fine.  I have shot a lot of the steel, but not the aluminum.

Was the Federal brass case?

Federal is aluminum.

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:42:13 PM »
That Federal metal (aluminum?) cased 9mm will not work well in my 75.  The case rim isn't to spec, and it won't extract well. A couple failures per mag to my memory.  Only bought it once, and once the failures proved to be consistent, the remainder was relegated to another pistol.  Brass case Federal works fine.

As to the Tula, if it meets you're expectations, it's fine, but generally speaking, cheap ammo is cheap ammo, so it's all about your expectations.  ;)
If it shoots consistently at a paper target it meets my expectations.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
Then I say go for it, and let us know how it turns out.  ;)

But I'd recommend staying away from the Federal aluminum.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 07:35:16 PM »
I bought some Tula brass cased ammo from Walmart back when ammo was scarce. It was in round cardboard packages off 100. Many of them didn't plunk in my various CZ's. Good luck. I ended up giving them to a buddy with a Glock.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »

If it shoots consistently at a paper target it meets my expectations.

hopefully it will meet that expectation.......in my experience with my friends who shoot it Tula meets that expectation at least 85% of the time.

I agree with IDescribe cheap ammo is cheap ammo so if you expect it to perform as such then cheap ammo is fine.
I have zero problem with anyone using Tula ammo, I also have zero interest in using it myself though.

Our indoor range does not allow it which at times does cause some people a bit of a problem.

I do like seeing ammo inexpensive so more folks actually have access to it, and will buy it, and practice their shooting. That is a real good thing.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »
 The 100rd boxes of Federal brass are $18.95 at my WM in NC.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 08:33:13 PM »
The 100rd boxes of Federal brass are $18.95 at my WM in NC.
Fed is the same at my local Walmart. I can't see buying the Tula for $2-$3 in savings over 100rnds.