Author Topic: P-01 Date Stamp Confusion Revisited  (Read 2283 times)

Offline toukow

P-01 Date Stamp Confusion Revisited
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
Would you guys mind giving me a bit of advice? I?m going to jump into CZ ownership after seeing what fanatics you guys are about them, and Yes- I hold each of you personally responsible!

A P-01 is for sale locally, but I?m bothered by the date stamp. Everything I?ve read here and the CZ website indicates this should be a two-digit number indicating year of manufacture.

This appears to be ?C5? and the seller indicated they do not believe the stamp was just weak making the number zero into a ?C?. Got any input? Is this perhaps a military issue gun or? I could not find a way to track it down by serial number. He noted this link indicating at least post 2003 given the number stamped on the side matches that shown at the link NATO Stock Number of NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/

I know condition is everything and seeing the marks near the break down pin in the photo give me pause (I see this site does not host photos- bummer). Firm at $450, so not sure how good of deal that is or isn?t. All I have for reference are the many times ridiculous prices on Armslist. I would prefer the PCR but they are hard to find currently. Your counsel appreciated on the date code at least. Thanks, Toukow

Offline Vinny

Re: P-01 Date Stamp Confusion Revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:37:58 PM »
Would you guys mind giving me a bit of advice? I?m going to jump into CZ ownership after seeing what fanatics you guys are about them, and Yes- I hold each of you personally responsible!

A P-01 is for sale locally, but I?m bothered by the date stamp. Everything I?ve read here and the CZ website indicates this should be a two-digit number indicating year of manufacture.

I know condition is everything and seeing the marks near the break down pin in the photo give me pause (I see this site does not host photos- bummer). Firm at $450, so not sure how good of deal that is or isn?t. All I have for reference are the many times ridiculous prices on Armslist. I would prefer the PCR but they are hard to find currently. Your counsel appreciated on the date code at least. Thanks, Toukow

deguns.net still had a few PCR's available as of earlier today. Check the website. Also use code: SHIP30 to get free shipping to your FFL. Don't drag your feet.  Others are reading this post too. They also have a new lot of P-01's  ;D
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
   Very well could be an ?05. Sometimes the stamp is in deed a little light.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »
I've seen weak stamps as well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
My Pre B CZ 85.  Notice the "bare spot" between the U and E in lU ER on the slide?  Sometimes they just don't get the stamps done right and they leave the factory anyway.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline toukow

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »
Thanks you guys. I'm trying to figure my way after the Photobucket debacle to posting forum photos. This is best I can do so far using Google Photos, but at least it provides a reference. I will assume it's a 2005 manf. date per your comments

Thanks Vinny for the heads-up on availability and tip on shipping. I've not dealt with Degun's, only Bud's. (EDIT: Deguns doesn't seem to rate too highly doing a cursory search, am I just seeing limited information?) Should one expect to pay MSRP for most new CZ's given their scarcity?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOtIZ82WpUi047UOrnMiZ15fLEJSjgkLhDss-8v

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPGxgGo8gMmryEdNvP1zXHMPcYqJiVX9GoYpc0N

I appreciate the comments, toukow
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:02:34 PM by toukow »

Offline Vinny

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »
toukow,

s0nespark posted a simple tutorial for IMGUR posting, in the 'General Discussion' top threads. Much easier than Photobucket, and without the aggressive ads. Try it. The only trick is resizing your images down to max 640 pixels wide so they fit the Forum and don't come out HUGE!

You CAN get a great deal on NIB CZ's and most other guns for that matter. Here's a tip:
1st go to https://gun.deals  There's a product search window in the upper right where you enter the UPC Code or product number you're seeking.  Like: 'CZ 75 P-01' It will search NATIONALLY for the best deals. It will come up with a list starting with lowest price but will sometimes mix in similar models too like SP-01 but just look down for the exact model you want. Companies like Bud's and deguns.net will be in there often with prices LOWER than their own website because they are now competing head-to-head. click on that deal and it will redirect you to them, but sometimes you have to say 'Hey, your price on gun.deals was lower, will you honor that?'. I've found some hard-to-find guns and saved hundreds$$  It works like Travelocity or Trivago for hotel deals. I got my P-01 last month (from deguns.net) for $529 shipped free with code SHIP30.  Honestly, If I could only have 1 gun, it would be a P-01. Fortunately.... O0 I have more than one!
"Carpe Diem"

Offline toukow

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »
Thank you Vinny for the heads-up for gun deals for purchases.

To be honest, I've not held either the PCR or the P-01, just heard great things about both. I don't see myself attaching a light or laser so figured the PCR is the way to go. From my research notes based upon reviews by others on the PCR vs P01 I have (some points are subjective, of course, and may not be considered pluses) :

better sights than P01
serated trigger vs smooth P01
Slimmer slide release than P01
Loaded chamber indicator vs P01

I'm guessing you would disagree on some, but I'm getting off topic......Thanks for the education, Toukow

Offline Vinny

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 03:11:28 PM »
toukow,
Sounds like you've done your homework and pretty much know what you want.
PCR's ARE very hard to find.

I'll bet once you hold one, you won't want to let go.

Just checked deguns.net and they still have 7. If you order from them don't forget the code SHIP30 to get free shipping.

Good luck in your search and keep us posted,
-Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
And share some pictures when you get it.  Open the box, dry off your sweaty fingers and palms, grab the camera/phone take some pictures and share them here.

Then get it field stripped, cleaned, lubed and back together and get to a range.

Wipe the big grin off your face and take pictures of the target and the pistol at the range and share those here, too.

Be safe, have fun.  Good luck.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?