Author Topic: New Member Looking for Information  (Read 761 times)

Offline gabbyh75

New Member Looking for Information
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:58:48 PM »
Looking forward to soaking up some useful information from you guys. Don't have a CZ handgun yet but hope to rectify that early this year. The closest I can come is a great CZ action installed on a rifle that my brother assembled for me. The rifle is chambered in 7mm_08.

I am planning to purchase a hammer fired 9mm compact or sub-compact for concealed carry. I have belt carried a Kahr K9 off and on for about 20 yrs. Bought a S&W Shield 9mm a couple of years ago and belt carried it until almost a year ago when I decided to try AIWB and really liked it.

I looked around at what is available and am still looking. Wow, there are so many sub or compact 9mm pistols out there. My first choice was a 75D PCR. I discovered that it is not available with an ambi decocker. I am left handed, you see. The Custom Shop in Mesa told me the same. So now I am looking at the P01 Omega Compact and the HK P30sk. I favor the Omega but the P30sk v3 looks sweet.

So any information I can get from you guys on the subject would be very appreciated. To sum it up, I am left handed and need a quality sub or compact hammer fired 9mm. I intend to carry ambi most of the time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline copemech

Re: New Member Looking for Information
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 11:40:03 PM »
I am a southpaw too and since going with my first P-01 decocker I have not looked back. I do not need a decocker on the other side as it is NOT a safety and NOT  needed once you get used to it.

The OMEGA action CZ pistolds do offer ambi decock, and yes I have those too.

FWIW O0

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Re: New Member Looking for Information
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
I am a CZ guy ,but I will tel you to look at a different pistol since you are a lefty. take a look at Grand Power pistols controls are ambi on all of there models and they have decockers as well. I carry a P11 decocker and also their striker fired Q100 every day its one or the other, ejection is on the right side.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector