Author Topic: Shadow 2 and Kadet II .22 conversion kit  (Read 2129 times)

Offline MsDV8

Shadow 2 and Kadet II .22 conversion kit
« on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »
Anyone have any experience with fitting the conversion kit to the Shadow 2?  I had come across a posting somewhere on the net where someone had done this, by doing a little filing on the front of the Kadet, unfortunately I forgot to bookmark the page and haven?t found it again since.  I figure if one person is enterprising enough to try this, someone else may have as well.  I have a Sig .22 1911 that I use for target practice, but the difference between the CZ and the Sig is night and day and I?ve actually come to detest the 1911 platform since handling the CZ.  My second option would be fitting the Kadet to a CZ Shadow SP-01 which would be closest to the Shadow 2.  Any suggestions?

Offline painter

Re: Shadow 2 and Kadet II .22 conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »
Since the kit will work on a Shadow, I'd think the fitting would be the same as any 75 series pistol. Same with the SP-01, as long as it isn't a Phantom. I'm not familiar with those pistols, so I could be wrong. CZ Custom could likely give you the straight scoop.

You'll need a stronger mainspring for reliable ignition with the kit.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:12:11 PM »
Welcome to the Forum MsD
As Painter said; fitting the KADET to a Shadow II should be fairly straight forward
Just follow the steps on Page 24 and 25 in the Owner's Manual
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:18:13 PM »
I wonder if the S2 with longer barrel and a somewhat different frame & slide has the same dimensions as the SP01/original Shadows.  'Stuart or David would know.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
I fitted recently Kadet II to Shadow 2 for a friend. The nose looks weird and not as seamless as normal 75 or SP-01, but it functions fine. No pictures of that ugly contraption.

anything