Author Topic: My Gun Is Stupid!!!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline bayouredd

My Gun Is Stupid!!!
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:34:24 PM »
 8) I didn't know it until a couple of weeks ago, but there is no higher praise for a firearm than to have it called stupid...  O0

I went to see my little Brother a couple of weeks ago & we planned on a bit of shooting. He brought his new Sig 320. Being an ex SP (Air Force Cop) he takes his shooting seriously. I agreed with him that the Sig was pretty nice & the trigger quite decent. Then I whipped out my CZ Custom Shop matte stainless 75. He was astounded at the trigger and that was just dry fire.

We proceeded to shoot groups & you can guess the winner. Next he shot the CZ and finally got a good group plus a couple bottles. After switching back, He tried to get better with his own, but just couldn't get there. I tried to hand him the CZ and he said "NO, I don't ever want to shoot that gun again. I said go on just 1 more time.
After his best group with only half the magazine, he said " here take this. .
Me: You don't even want to finish the magazine
Lil Bro: No, that gun is stupid!!!

Ahhhh, I love my stupid gun...

Offline SP01bob

Re: My Gun Is Stupid!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:39:43 PM »
8) I didn't know it until a couple of weeks ago, but there is no higher praise for a firearm than to have it called stupid...  O0

I went to see my little Brother a couple of weeks ago & we planned on a bit of shooting. He brought his new Sig 320. Being an ex SP (Air Force Cop) he takes his shooting seriously. I agreed with him that the Sig was pretty nice & the trigger quite decent. Then I whipped out my CZ Custom Shop matte stainless 75. He was astounded at the trigger and that was just dry fire.

We proceeded to shoot groups & you can guess the winner. Next he shot the CZ and finally got a good group plus a couple bottles. After switching back, He tried to get better with his own, but just couldn't get there. I tried to hand him the CZ and he said "NO, I don't ever want to shoot that gun again. I said go on just 1 more time.
After his best group with only half the magazine, he said " here take this. .
Me: You don't even want to finish the magazine
Lil Bro: No, that gun is stupid!!!

Ahhhh, I love my stupid gun...
That's good stuff!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »
HA

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »
Great story!
I did the same thing to a buddy of mine.
Then the next time I saw him at the range - he had a CZ in his hands and a big smile on his face.

Offline miller_man

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 07:23:13 AM »
Just having walked away from glocks - I would occasionally shoot other "stupid" guns myself. Had very similar results.

CZ's are "stupid" accurate.  ;)
List of guns here?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
Yup.  My youngest son bragged on his Beretta 90-Two all the time.  Then I handed him my brand new P07 9MM to shoot.  His very first group with it was better than anything he shot with his Beretta.  The P07 ended up at his house.  Then I bought a CZ 75 SA in 9MM and darned if he didn't shoot better groups with it than he did with the P07.  That SA ended up at his house, too.  I've gotta stop lettin' the kids shoot my new CZ's.

Yes, sometimes you have to shoot one to really understand what it's about.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 10:30:31 AM »
I think Forrest Gump summed it up pretty well.....?Stupid is as stupid does?, must have been a CZ fan... ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:46:31 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
I've had this same bizarre situation happen with 2 shooters. They specifically tried my CZ's after they were not doing so well with their pistols. Their shooting improved but instead of their smiles lasting they handed my CZ back to me and said they needed to get back to practicing with their pistol. As though mine was cheating or going to ruin their already not good shooting... I've had many various responses when people shoot my CZ's but those are some of my favorite.

Another odd response has been from 1911 fans that try my SAO SP-01 Compact. Scott at Cajun Gun Works helped me tune that hammer after I told him I wanted this to go neck and neck with the nicest of 1911 triggers. He got it after I did a bunch of work but couldn't get a little bit of caming resolved. He spent a good deal of time on the phone with me and I finally sent it his way. When it was done and we chatted on the phone before he sent it back I asked what he thought about how the trigger turned out, was this going to make 1911 fans think twice? He laughed and said something to the effect of, "When you have people try that on the range there are going to be a lot of hurt feelings!"

I laughed and was excited to get it back. The final straw was pinning the sear cage. Trigger pull is right at 2 lbs and it is pretty much as sweet as it gets. Then I started having people try it at the range. Most responses were what I expected, people were super impressed. People have offered to buy it from me after trying it. BUT... Some people had pretty lack luster responses. They were people that I thought would be most appreciative because they had nice pistols with nice triggers, and generally had 1911's. Then, after one of these experiences, my little sister said the kid told her it was incredible - but he had almost 0 response when he shot it next to me. The dots suddenly connected for me!!!! He and his dad have a great collection with a nice 1911, Glocks with the best triggers money can buy, fantastic HK's, and the list goes on. I thought Scott was being funny with that statement, but he wasn't really kidding when he said there would be hurt feelings on the range! The Scarlett Pistol has been such a success that I want to get a full size SP-01, convert it to SAO, and have a full size 1911 Killer!!!

CZ's are pretty stupid. So much potential that they can touch the performance levels of some of the highest end custom pistols for substantially less money.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »
Gotta love Stupid!!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 01:41:14 PM »
You talk about loaning your gun out to someone else to shoot/use? 

My dad would loan someone a shotgun to go grouse/squirrel hunting sometimes.  Before he handed them the gun he'd say, "I'll let you shoot mine, as long you promise not to teach it bad habits."
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 03:37:36 PM »
Great story!
Then the next time I saw him at the range - he had a CZ in his hands and a big smile on his face.

I love the converts. I'm thinking CZ may be the all time leader...

Just having walked away from glocks - I would occasionally shoot other "stupid" guns myself. Had very similar results.

We may have all shot stupid guns at one time, but Just look at us geniuses now!!!

Yup.  My youngest son bragged on his Beretta 90-Two all the time.  Then I handed him my brand new P07 9MM to shoot.  His very first group with it was better than anything he shot with his Beretta.  The P07 ended up at his house.  Then I bought a CZ 75 SA in 9MM and darned if he didn't shoot better groups with it than he did with the P07.  That SA ended up at his house, too.  I've gotta stop lettin' the kids shoot my new CZ's.

Couple things here: I thought my gun was the it on a stick, but my friend got a CZ 75 SA from the custom shop & I have to admit, it was a step up from mine. Not much, but a step up in shooting nirvana.
Also to get anything back from your kids, you have to pay them a surprise visit so they can't hide the stolen goods from ya!

The Scarlett Pistol has been such a success that I want to get a full size SP-01, convert it to SAO, and have a full size 1911 Killer!!!

I hate to say it, but the hurt feelings is a personality. I revel in others good fortune, but we are all different and some can't.
Your whole quote was great, but the line I left from your quote is classic & I love 1911's... hehe

My dad would loan someone a shotgun to go grouse/squirrel hunting sometimes.  Before he handed them the gun he'd say, "I'll let you shoot mine, as long you promise not to teach it bad habits."

Excellent, I'll use that one...

Thanx for all the props & cool stories...

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
Great story!

I love the converts. I'm thinking CZ may be the all time leader...

We may have all shot stupid guns at one time, but Just look at us geniuses now!!!

Couple things here: I thought my gun was the it on a stick, but my friend got a CZ 75 SA from the custom shop & I have to admit, it was a step up from mine. Not much, but a step up in shooting nirvana.
Also to get anything back from your kids, you have to pay them a surprise visit so they can't hide the stolen goods from ya!

The Scarlett Pistol has been such a success that I want to get a full size SP-01, convert it to SAO, and have a full size 1911 Killer!!!

I hate to say it, but the hurt feelings is a personality. I revel in others good fortune, but we are all different and some can't.
Your whole quote was great, but the line I left from your quote is classic & I love 1911's... hehe

Excellent, I'll use that one...

Thanx for all the props & cool stories...
Boom, good stuff!!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »
Regardless of what they said, maybe what they really mean is:

You know, after shooting your CZ I feel stupid for having bought my pistol and then bragged on it so much only to find out there's something better I could have bought.

Offline bpnkrtn

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 05:34:12 PM »
Regardless of what they said, maybe what they really mean is:

You know, after shooting your CZ I feel stupid for having bought my pistol and then bragged on it so much only to find out there's something better I could have bought.

... for less money ...