Author Topic: 527 in 6.5 Grendel serious question  (Read 701 times)

Offline lwrhea

527 in 6.5 Grendel serious question
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:51:02 PM »
I ordered one of the American rifles in Walnut though a local gun store. After a few days wait, I checked to see if it had arrived yet. I was told that CZ is having accuracy issues with the 6.5 Grendel guns. Not the rest of the calibers just the 6.5’s.

First I have to say, I’m not asking because I’m irritated because I’m not. If there’s accuracy problems, I would prefer the folks at CZ have the time to work it out and I’m happy to wait. My LGS has been good to me and I can’t imagine them getting confused about it so I’m assuming the information about the accuracy problem is legitimate.

But I am wondering if you guys can shed some light on it. Why the 6.5 in particular? Any word on progress on getting things straightened out? I figure someone here is more current on the latest news from the CZ folks.

By the way, I have a 455 in 22 LR and there’s no problems with it’s accuracy. So I’m wanting to bump up to a light deer rifle with this gun and I’m determined to get this chambering. Thanks for any information you can pass to me.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: 527 in 6.5 Grendel serious question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
I would suggest checking 6.5Grendel.com. There are a few threads in the bolt action forum specific to the CZ. I have an AR in 6.5G but keep up with the bolt action forum there as I plan to add one in that caliber. Several guys there like the Howa, but it has it's own set of issues.
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?15550-Verdict-in-on-CZ-527-6-5-Grendel

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:28:29 PM »
Hadn't heard that, interesting. I am glad they won't let the product out if there are accuracy issues.

Offline jkingrph

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:43:51 AM »
I have one and have only shot it once, using some Wolf ammo.  That day was very hot and humid, sweat running into my eyes and I had some mechanical scope issues that did not help.   It was shooting with those problems less than 2", not by much though and I was happy.  My wife had to have some rather serious back surgery so I have not had a chance to get back to the range which is about an hour away, just waiting for a little warmer weather now.

You really have to look at this rifle for what it is.  It is a very lightweight sporter, not a target rifle. It has a long 24" rather whippy barrel, and a stock made more for carrying and quick mounting to the shoulder.   The only thing wrong I see with the rifle is the lack of  traditional open sights.

Offline lwrhea

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:11:43 AM »
The described issue aside, this is the rifle I want for my purposes. Light weight, traditional Walnut, blued, no sights, and accurate. And I want to get to know the 6.5 Grendel chambering. I’ll put a VX-2 3x9 on it.

I’m trying to imagine what manufacturing issues there could possibly be to make an otherwise accurate chambering inaccurate while their other offerings, say 5.56, has no reported problems.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
Did you read the linked thread? It mentions the problem and the fact that CZ wouldn't elaborate.

Offline lwrhea

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:10 PM »
Yes, I read it but missed the part about the receiver being out of spec. Thanks. It’s been a while since your experience and it don’t look like they’ve got it figured out yet.

I can’t help but think they might be doing some re tooling or something before resuming sales. Of course that raises questions too.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
Something else to remember is the limited space/time in the factory for both civilian sales and military sales, so sometimes one thing has to wait for the other. I would love to the the 527M offered in 6.5 Grendel, because I'm a throwback - I love iron sights.