Author Topic: Solid Pins for Cajunized Phantom  (Read 1469 times)

Offline sumoman

Solid Pins for Cajunized Phantom
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:19:26 PM »
I just had my local gunsmith install CGW Short trigger reach kit and extended firing pin kit on my 2017 Phantom. Everything works fine, but the pins reinstalled back look like large holes drilled in the frame and one in the  slide. I am wondering if there are solid pins (preferably stainless) to put in place of these hollow tube pins?
Again, the gun works fine, but solid pins would improve looks and potentially be more durable.
Sorry if that has been addressed before, I am no gunsmith.

Offline viking499

Re: Solid Pins for Cajunized Phantom
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
What pins?  Did you put in the floating trigger pin?

Offline cntrydawwwg

Solid Pins for Cajunized Phantom
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »
What pins?  Did you put in the floating trigger pin?
  Think he?s talking about the pins that hold the whole trigger, hammer, sear block assembly  into the poly frame.

OP, I don?t think solid pins would work. The roll pins work like a spring and hold themselves into the frame and allow for flex while firing.  I don?t know how you could make sure a solid pin stayed in place. As for the pin in the slide, CZC does make a solid pin IIRC, but it?s not designed to work with the CGW extended FP, the one you have is.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:50:08 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline clinttho

Re: Solid Pins for Cajunized Phantom
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:07 PM »
I installed the defensive carry package and ran into the same issue. The two rear roll pins don?t like to come out or go in like on other CZs. They seem to just want to make a bigger hole. Dunno if it?s the polymer frame or what. 

anything