Author Topic: Questions about my 40P  (Read 4215 times)

Offline MJZZZ

Questions about my 40P
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »
Let me start by saying I'm almost embarrassed to ask about this. I've had a 40P in my gun safe for 9 years and have only shot it once, I'm not a big 40 cal fan. Now that my son has caught the CZ bug we went through my safe to teach him proper take down and cleaning of the different CZ's I own. Having my PCR, P01 and 40P in pieces on the bench, I realized the P01 and 40P have the same frame. Has anyone used the 40P frame with the P01 upper? Or visa-versa? How about the Kadet kit? It would be nice to use the P01 lower with the 40P slide since it has about 8000 rounds through it and the trigger is silky. I guess next time we get together we are going to be doing some mixing and matching. Thanks
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: Questions about my 40P
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 12:40:49 AM »
The P01 and 40P frames should be interchangeable.  There might be some slight timing differences but they are the same design.  You should be able to drop the 40P slide on the PCR frame too.  Same with the kadet kit.

Oh and you should get the 40P out more.  My 40P is a very accurate midcompact.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:28:01 PM »
You might be able to run a P01 slide on a 40P frame but not vice-versa.  The rib on the bottom of the 40P slide is deeper than the one on the P01 so the sear cage in the 40P has about .020 milled off the center of it for clearance.  I've never tried to install the P01 slide on the 40P though, so don't know if there are other issues in there that might prevent that.  I'd love to find a P06 slide some day to add versatility to the bunch of compacts but you just don't see those offered anywhere.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »
Indy is correct.  The 40 cal slides will bind up on the 9mm ejector cage.  I just went through this on the as I purchased a 40 cal SAO slide from another forum member to fit on my SP01 tactical frame.  I had to remove a few thousandths from the top of the ejector cage to clear the new slide.

I also had to adjust the dual action reset on the 40 cal slide to function on SP01 frame.  It was a little tedious but it functions great now.  It's nice to have two calibers on my highly tuned SP01 tactical frame!

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:42:23 PM »
My PCR slide, which is basically a P01, fit and functioned on the 40P frame just fine. (but I never ran it) It's been a long time but there was an issue with the 40P slide on the PCR frame.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:11 AM »
Indy is correct.  The 40 cal slides will bind up on the 9mm ejector cage.  I just went through this on the as I purchased a 40 cal SAO slide from another forum member to fit on my SP01 tactical frame.  I had to remove a few thousandths from the top of the ejector cage to clear the new slide.

I also had to adjust the dual action reset on the 40 cal slide to function on SP01 frame.  It was a little tedious but it functions great now.  It's nice to have two calibers on my highly tuned SP01 tactical frame!

Cheers,
Toby

Glad to hear you got that working!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline CZDad

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »
Well, I have the 40P and a PCR.  I'll see if I can mix and match. lol

Offline MJZZZ

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
CZDad, let me know how that works out for you if you beat me to the range. Thanks for all the replies.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."