Author Topic: The nitty gritty details about the PMM Sling Mount  (Read 18807 times)

Offline WaltherP99

Re: The nitty gritty details about the PMM Sling Mount
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 01:34:04 AM »
Oh, boo hoo. I asked a question. I didn't declare them to be the 4th Reich.

Ya know...I had a reply here but i'll edit it out. No sense in discussing this any further with you...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:59:26 AM by WaltherP99 »

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 07:16:57 AM »
Update, there is another similar option out there for QD mount on Scorpion's top rail, I didn't care for their cheap junk before but this seemed legit with their 'pro' line.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leapers-utg-lowpro-picatinny-angled-qd-sling-swivel.html

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 09:54:55 AM »
I like the UTG option. Thanks for posting

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 02:23:58 PM »
There are plenty of these types of mounts out there but that Strike Industries looks to be the slimmest one that I have ever seen.  Would like to handle one or hear from someone who has.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
Okay here is the Strike Ind QD sling mounts on my Kriss Vector.  You can see it is extremely flat/low to the rail, allowing the magpul sights to be down flat:

This one show better when the hook loop has been cut off to allow for the stock to fold:

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »
Thanks.  For those who want to keep it slim this fits the bill.  I was pondering cutting the hook loop.  Picture is worth many words.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »
Haha...I just put on the PMM recently...my first range trip with it was this weekend...same thing happened to me...the sling ring bumped me right in the nose!  Not pleased with that at all...have to decide if I want to get the PMM that fit's on the other side or not.  I am not really pleased with how the first one worked out.

Offline Buckshot Barry

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 10:21:36 PM »
Okay here is the Strike Ind QD sling mounts on my Kriss Vector.  You can see it is extremely flat/low to the rail, allowing the magpul sights to be down flat:

This one show better when the hook loop has been cut off to allow for the stock to fold:

Do you have a link to that exact sling mount?

Offline Aragorn77

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 11:36:26 PM »
Do you have a link to that exact sling mount?

An alternative solution is this QD mount that clamps onto the upper rail https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/ambush-sling-loop.html
I have 2 on my Kriss Vector for 2-point sling.  There are 2 sides, one with QD socket and the other with a loop. The loop for hook type sling mount can be cut off if you don't want it.

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
I just want to say the the PMM mount idea is well thought out.  Its just that the CZ plastic loop is not designed to take the type of stress induced by this mount.

Offline rcm192

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:36 AM »

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 11:20:08 AM »
That one looks pretty nice. I wonder if it could suffer from a similar problem as the PMM version, though? I mean, the rail is obviously beefier than the little plastic hoop on the side of the receiver, but you're still dealing with a load being concentrated in a small area.

Offline Silent service

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
That one looks pretty nice. I wonder if it could suffer from a similar problem as the PMM version, though? I mean, the rail is obviously beefier than the little plastic hoop on the side of the receiver, but you're still dealing with a load being concentrated in a small area.

I agree. I just ordered a magpul RSA QD, more surface area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mr.E.G.

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »

I agree. I just ordered a magpul RSA QD, more surface area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to get one of these other options. I'm worried now about my PMM sling mount. My gun is SBRed and I don't want to risk cracking the receiver. 

Offline Nuts

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 03:25:28 AM »
GG&G makes both top and side dovetail sling mounts.