Author Topic: Rare Compact Steel Framed CZ's Available  (Read 11093 times)

Offline TwoThirtyBall

Re: Rare Compact Steel Framed CZ's Available
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »
I bought one of these on GB yesterday and am going to order some Cajun parts for it. This is my first CZ and will be my first time upgrading a CZ, but I have done a lot of 1911, Glock, and AR tinkering.

I'm a little lost when it comes to ordering parts from Cajun. I want a silver race hammer to go with a flat silver trigger I already bought, but I also need the correct sear and springs.

I look forward to seeing how this thing turns out.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »
I bought one of these on GB yesterday and am going to order some Cajun parts for it. This is my first CZ and will be my first time upgrading a CZ, but I have done a lot of 1911, Glock, and AR tinkering.

I'm a little lost when it comes to ordering parts from Cajun. I want a silver race hammer to go with a flat silver trigger I already bought, but I also need the correct sear and springs.

I look forward to seeing how this thing turns out.

If you need any help...
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85985.0

That also has videos on the single action only conversion for your flat trigger. And it has stuff on fitting your sear for a race hammer. If you get the round race hammer it doesn?t require fitting the sear. Or you can snag the CGW adjustable sear.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 09:58:38 PM »
Also you can call CGW directly and ask - they are a great outfit to work with, darn good people.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 12:48:17 AM »
Oh boy Oh boy,,called and talked with Scott today (Monday) and he said they had a "couple" left !! I said I only need one,,,LOL Gave the Old CC number and the rest is history along with about 7 to 9 weeks wait,,LOL ! Will be awesome for sure and worth the wait !

Oh boy, seems only fitting to revive this thread !! I received "A" call on Tuesday about my pistol that was on the "bench" and we went over a few things just to confirm what I was having done and was told I would probably get a call in a couple days to finalize everything. Well today I got "the" call and it was David and we talked about the pistol, the work done and then just a great conversation about guns in general, it was all good !!  :) He gave me the trigger pull weights and info and basically how it all came together and a few other things along with shipping info. I received the Tracking number shortly after getting off the phone and the gun will be @ my FFL on Monday. ;D ;D So considering my post {quote} from above was Feb. 6 2018 and its the end of March with the gun getting here April 2nd I am more than pleased with the time frame involved, seems very fair for a Custom Build in my book. In reality just because of my work schedule and my FFLs work,,we work opposite shifts it will probably take me a week to get it !!  :( But with that said once I do get it there will be plenty of pic's and range reports to follow. I'll keep ya posted guys. I'll Be Back,,  ;D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 02:27:49 AM »
Rock on! Pics, or it didn't happen. ;)

Offline Mccian

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 11:04:51 AM »
Am on the edge of my seat.......interested to hear the outcome.
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »

Yea I hear ya on the pic's ! They will come for sure once the little beauty is in my hands !! Also wondering if anyone else here got one of these pistols.  ;)

Offline WVsig

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 08:20:42 AM »

Yea I hear ya on the pic's ! They will come for sure once the little beauty is in my hands !! Also wondering if anyone else here got one of these pistols.  ;)

Mine shipped yesterday. I will be picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully will make it to the range tomorrow or the lastest Friday. Will try to post pics and a review ASAP.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 01:21:51 AM »

Mine shipped yesterday. I will be picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully will make it to the range tomorrow or the lastest Friday. Will try to post pics and a review ASAP.

Very cool,mine is at the FFL but we work different shifts and the FFL guy/buddy is not around when I am !  :( If all goes well I will have it Saturday,,we will see ! If I get it I'll be hitting the range on Sunday for sure so pic's and range report will follow ! These are "exciting times" LOL !!  ;D

Offline WVsig

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »

Very cool,mine is at the FFL but we work different shifts and the FFL guy/buddy is not around when I am !  :( If all goes well I will have it Saturday,,we will see ! If I get it I'll be hitting the range on Sunday for sure so pic's and range report will follow ! These are "exciting times" LOL !!  ;D

No joy for me today. I could not get out to my FFL before he closed. Will be picking it up tomorrow at 10:00 and heading directly to the range with my CGW 75B, DW Valkyrie and my Scorpion Evo.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: Rare Compact Steel Framed CZ's Available Has Arrived !
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
Well guys my ship has come in !!! Grabbed the pistol this AM from my FFL guy and boy oh boy she is a beauty ! Compared to my 07 this thing is a tank !! But its a AWESOME tank,,LOL Finally got over to the range this afternoon and looked it all over checked a few things didn't really need it but put a few more drops of oil here and there just to be sure ! I was at Bass Pro earlier in the day and just for the heck of it I grabbed 4 boxes of Winchester NATO 124grn FMJs,didn't need it but new gun, new ammo,,etc ! I am a reloader but this stuff is great/hot stuff so just wanted to run some through this pistol. Anyways I shot 150rds of it and then 40 rds of my 135 Xtreme/Universal powder/S&B primer reloads, all ran "perfect" ! Darn I forgot how hot that NATO stuff is,,,kind of fun though. I also ran 40 rds of Speer Lawman 147 FMJ through it also, all is good ! So had a grand total of 230rds,,no issues at all ran perfect. I thought my reloads would be a tad lite but also ran perfect and actually they were the most accurate,all my CZs really like the .356 Xtreme 135grn plated bullets, if I do my part its one ragged hole.
 This pistol has the CGW Pro Pack along with the barrel bushing and had the bigger extended TS safety installed. The gun is unbelievable, it took me a couple mags to get a feel on the trigger, the reset is fantastic, I think its @ 2.8mm ! David said he was impressed on how it came out and I will say I agree 110% Both double and single action are smooth as silk, as expected. I will say I have been running my 07 pretty hard the last few months and it also has the CGW Pro Pack and I love that gun also but boy oh boy, its gonna be a battle on which one I run more now cuz this 01 is a real beast.  ;)
 This was just a quick pop in and run the gun a bit, you know, New gun and all ya can't NOT shoot it the day ya bring it home. Anyways going again in the AM with some of my buddies and hope to run at least another 200/300 through it, maybe more if all goes well. I will keep you posted. I have some LOC grips coming and will be grabbing a HighNoon holster soon,but really in luck it fits in my SP-01 holsters good enough and its secure sitting in them, its really the same gun, just shorter,LOL  Only have the one pic at the moment will get more as time goes on and once I get my new grips. Hope you guys enjoy,I know I did,,more to come !  ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:55:52 PM by m1a_scoutguy »

Offline WVsig

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
I picked mine up on Friday. One thing I have noticed is that the slide stop is larger than the standard P01. The gun will not fit in a kydex holster made for a P01. I believe it is the same slide stop that shipped with my 75B.  It extends further from the frame on the right side of the gun than the P01 slide stop. It will not fit in my kydex holster but it will fit in a High Noon slide guard leather holster. I might have to swap it out for the factory slide stop P01 slide stop to fit standard P01 Kydek. Just a heads up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:33:36 PM by WVsig »

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 12:07:55 AM »
I picked mine up on Friday. One thing I have noticed is that the slide stop is larger than the standard P01. The gun will not fit in a kydex holster made for a P01. I believe it is the same slide stop that shipped with my 75B.  It extends further from the frame on the right side of the gun than the P01 slide stop. It will not fit in my kydex holster but it will fit in a High Noon slide guard leather holster. I might have to swap it out for the factory slide stop P01 slide stop to fit standard P01 Kydek. Just a heads up.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't have a normal P01 so news to me, just kind of seemed about on par with my SP-01. Good to know though I guess. My 01 did go into both my SP-01 holsters with no issues. I have a leather one and then a Bladetech one. I could snug up the tension screw a bit on the Bladetech I guess but will be ordering a Highnoon holster very soon that is specifically for the 01. Hard to tell when I look at CZUSA website and bring up the P01 it does look the same as what's on mine but hard to tell I guess. If you have both the Steel and Aluminum framed one and can compare them side by side then I guess they are. Would be cool to see a photo comparing the two if ya can. Regardless of the slide release did ya shoot it yet, is it as awesome as mine,,LOL I'm sure it is, enjoy cuz I know I will.  ;D

Offline WVsig

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=96559.0

The slide stops are not the same. The 01's slide stops is longer and it has a wider profile. The P01s is shorter and slimmer. I believe that one could replace the Steel 01's slide stop with one from the P01 but I will call CZ to confirm.

You can see in this pic that the slide stop on the Steel 01 protrudes beyond the frame more than the P01s slide stop. On mine it sticks out further than the right side safety. On the P01 it is flush with the frame.

My Steel P01 looks like this.

The standard Alum P01 looks like this.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:27:09 AM by WVsig »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 12:47:30 AM »
m1a_scoutguy, you're not a little excited are you? Don't hold back, tell us what you really think! :)