Author Topic: Pistol /SBR or Carbine  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Rick53

Pistol /SBR or Carbine
« on: January 20, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »
So what's the way to go on these? Pistol or Carbine . I see the Gen2 806 is supposed to be available late 2108. But based on Photos it's teh Pistol with a stock. I understand there are other mods besides that. I can't find much info on the Pistol versions. ARe they as accurate as the carbine ?? Are they as functional as far as types of ammo?

IMO minus the Mods CZ did The 806 doesn't appear to be that different.

Are ,most happy they bought these over scars?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Pistol /SBR or Carbine
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »
You would be the first who knows when the BREN 2 arrives, I haven't heard that yet. The BREN 2 is available in the LE/Mil format only, to the best of my knowledge. Some changes from the BREN 805 to the BREN 2 include a bolt release, shorter/lighter receiver, different stock, non reciprocating charging handle, and something else that escapes me at the moment.

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »
I have spoken to CZ multiple times about the Bren 2. They really have NO idea when it will be available to civilians.

I even tried to get a law enforcement department to seek information and they are not for sale to individual Officers. It has to be a department order.

I keep holding off for a Bren 2 pistol so I can SBR it and put my Omega on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rick53

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:26:27 AM »
You would be the first who knows when the BREN 2 arrives, I haven't heard that yet. The BREN 2 is available in the LE/Mil format only, to the best of my knowledge. Some changes from the BREN 805 to the BREN 2 include a bolt release, shorter/lighter receiver, different stock, non reciprocating charging handle, and something else that escapes me at the moment.
  Just going off a video that said late 2018 .

Offline Laughing Snake

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:54:02 AM »
The Bren 2 is supposed to have a bolt release inside the trigger guard I think like the ACR.

I've been extremely happy with my carbine but I don't shoot it farther than 100 or 150 yards. If I was inclined to sbr a pistol I would have surely gone that route instead but didn't want to go through the hassle of filing or picking out an arm brace.

Except for the weight difference, which isn't that big of a deal, I don't see any real advantage the SCAR has over the Bren. Yeah the SCAR has a bolt release but it's $1000 more for that one option.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »
Ah, OK, I've seen some people say that on videos when we thought that 2018 would be the time. Now who knows. Yes, it has a bolt release inside the trigger guard, odd placement but I could get used to it. I wouldn't mind figuring out how to shave a pound or two off, that would be for certain.
I heard people who own the SCAR and the BREN 805 say basically the same thing - the SCAR is the equal of the BREN, but at twice the price.

anything