Author Topic: Faux supressor  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Bob9

Faux supressor
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
I recently bought a evo carbine with the faux supressor and thinking about putting on one that actually functions. Has any body done this? I'm new to the supressor scene anybody have info, better brands, multi caliber vs single caliber, long vs short? Any info is appericated.

Offline Kenneth

Faux supressor
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »

Well I have done it but there is much more involved then just getting a suppressor.

You will need to cut your barrel down and SBR your gun due to it not being over a 16? barrel.

Then a suppressor is a challenge in itself. Either you file with a trust or personally. You pick your suppressor, pay $200, then wait about 9-13 months for it to get approved.

Suppressor brands I would look at are SilencerCo and Dead Air.

I personally have the SiCo Octane 45 because I like having the option of running all pistol calibers. If you KNOW that you will ONLY ever run 9mm then look at the Omega 9mm.

My gun started as a pistol so I had to pay $200 and wait about 12 months to add the stock to it.

I would not even think about perma attaching a suppressor as I know that?s gonna be brought up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline biggerhammer

Re: Faux supressor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:05:06 PM »
The OP has a carbine, he does not need to SBR it if he decides to attach a functioning supressor.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 03:21:13 PM »
Barrel on all carbines is 16.2 and threaded but with faux supressor on it you wont see the end of the barrel.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
Ok maybe I should have clarified a little better. Running a 16.2 inch barrel with a suppressor on the end is gonna look ridiculous.

Who is gonna run a 22? over all length barrel on a 9mm carbine?

So IMO yea you would need to have your barrel chopped down.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
I recently bought a evo carbine with the faux supressor and thinking about putting on one that actually functions. Has any body done this? I'm new to the supressor scene anybody have info, better brands, multi caliber vs single caliber, long vs short? Any info is appericated.

The 'faux' suppressor in Scorpion carbine is a 'slip over' the barrel type.  With the barrel being 16", your suppressor would stick out another 8"-10" unless you cut it down:

1) It will then be a 2 stamps gun, one for the SBR and the other for the suppressor.
2) You can make it a single stamp gun by permanently attach the suppressor after barrel cut down.  I am NOT a suppressor guy but I don't believe permanently attaching a can to the barrel is advisable.  Someone else here can provide more info on this option.

I could be mistaken here but if you're fixed on getting a suppressor, a cheaper route is to sell the carbine and buy a pistol with the short barrel, add a brace then your suppressor won't look ridiculous sticking way out there.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:42:29 PM by bravo5two »

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »
Ok maybe I should have clarified a little better. Running a 16.2 inch barrel with a suppressor on the end is gonna look ridiculous.

Who is gonna run a 22? over all length barrel on a 9mm carbine?

So IMO yea you would need to have your barrel chopped down.

Wasn't disagreeing just pointing out the actual barrel length.  Also would not consider permanent attachment.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Bob9

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 07:32:11 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Anybody have opinions on brands of supressors? dedicated or multi use?

Offline photog22740

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Anybody have opinions on brands of supressors? dedicated or multi use?

If you want multi-caliber, check out the Liberty Mystic X.  If just 9mm, check out their Centurion.

Offline Mudulus

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
I think instead of cutting the barrel and having it rethreaded... maybe just get the SBR kit for 300$ or so...? Maybe I?m wrong...