Author Topic: New Shadow 2  (Read 2380 times)

Offline firebike

New Shadow 2
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
I just got my first CZ, a new Shadow 2. I love it! I have already taken it down and polished it out thanks to the Atlas tutorial. I now want to lighten the trigger a bit and finish smoothing it up. I see that there is a CGW kit for the shadow 2. I have also seen the lists members have posted about the springs, hammers, and ext. pins to get rock ready as well. My question is to whether or not to buy the CGW kit, or is it better to buy the individual pieces that have a slightly different parts to them? Thx.
(sorry, I realize that this is should have been in another forum below)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:26:16 PM by firebike »

Offline deverm

Re: New Shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:39:42 PM »
Can you point me to the ?Atlas tutorial?? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline seaswol

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:48:41 AM »

Offline firebike

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:07:04 PM »
This is what google came up with:

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

That is it. Pretty good straight forward tutorial. Take your time and have fun with it, it will make a difference.

Offline deverm

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:50:33 PM »
Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cattivo

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »
I bought a Shadow 2 about a month ago. Fired it once, and wasn't overly enthused. It didn't seem to fit my hand well. For comtect, my other CZs are a Tactical Sport which I absolutly love, and a Czechmate Parrot I havent fired...yet. I may try this tuning and see if it changes my mind.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 11:12:17 PM »
Your first two pistol buys where both on the same basic frame and SA pistols set up for Limited and Open class competition.    The S2 is a different frame DA/SA pistol set up for Production class comp..
If the S2 doesn't fit your hand,  upgrading parts may make it easier to shoot well,  but won't change the way it fits your hand.
My .hands have the opposite model problems with not fitting my hands.  The bigger frame TAC Sport frame/grip is a skosh too.big.for my trigger and control reach. 

Offline muncie21

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:36:50 AM »
@firebike - I'd suggest just purchasing the 'kit' from Canjun and be done with it. While you are there get a few extras that you'll need/want down the road (recoil springs, floating trigger pin & TRS, main springs) as the flat rate shipping will cover them. 

I hate it when a $2 spring or pin breaks and I end up paying $10 in shipping for the part.  So whenever I place an order with either Cajun or CZ, I add some small parts as filler.

P.S. for you new Shadow 2 owners, if you want to part with the extended safeties that come with your S2, send me a PM, I'm always on the lookout for another set of these ;)

Offline cattivo

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
Your first two pistol buys where both on the same basic frame and SA pistols set up for Limited and Open class competition.    The S2 is a different frame DA/SA pistol set up for Production class comp..
If the S2 doesn't fit your hand,  upgrading parts may make it easier to shoot well,  but won't change the way it fits your hand.
My .hands have the opposite model problems with not fitting my hands.  The bigger frame TAC Sport frame/grip is a skosh too.big.for my trigger and control reach.

Thanks for that input. I fired it once then put it down. I?m going shoot it again today trying different hold positions and see it might change my mind.

Offline olfarhors

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 10:38:36 AM »
all my CZ pistols (P-01, Sp-01 Tac, 97 BD, and shadow 2) fit me like a expensive glove.
  the shadow -2 is by far the best feeling of them with the aluminum grip and the changes they made to the frame.
Even the bigger 97BD with the thin aluminum grips feel great.
course thats what makes the world go around and why they make shoes in different sizes.

Offline cattivo

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
I ended up selling my Shadow 2.  I did manage to get a better shooting feel for the pistol.  Probably would have kept it except for something that was very noticeable and problematic for me...the top of the slide has an angular cut to it.  I'm no weakling, but that angle made it difficult to rack the slide.  Getting a grip on the slide was not as easy as a "normal" squared off slide.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »
I ended up selling my Shadow 2.  I did manage to get a better shooting feel for the pistol.  Probably would have kept it except for something that was very noticeable and problematic for me...the top of the slide has an angular cut to it.  I'm no weakling, but that angle made it difficult to rack the slide.  Getting a grip on the slide was not as easy as a "normal" squared off slide.

Did you change the springs? I thought the serrations on the slide made it very easy to rack the slide.

Offline JLla84

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 09:22:04 AM »

have to say this is a pathetic excuse to get rid of an epic firearm......

to each their own... sorry it didn't work out for you.
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline jnichols2

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »
I also got a new Shadow 2 this week.
There are/were two issues with it.

1. The checkering on the grips and backstraps felt aggressive and harsh while handling it.

This harshness didn't bother me while shooting it yesterday.  I didn't even notice it.
The gun did; however, really make me look good when I shot it.
After shooting the gun, I no longer see the harshness of the grips as a problem.  ;D

2. Like cattivo, The angle of the slide, and the low contour, make it difficult to rack it.

The above issues are made worse by the arthritus in my 70 year old thumbs.  My gripping strength is a little low.
I'm approaching this issue on several fronts, and expect to be successful.

I am able to get a better grip on the slide when wearing gloves.
I ordered a "Slide Spider", skateboard strips for the slide serrations.  Also a 11# recoil spring.
I cock the hammer prior to racking, that also makes it easier.
I don't have to "slingshot" the slide to chamber a round, the slide release is very effective for that.

I'm pretty sure these things will solve my "racking" issue.
Selling the Shadow 2 is not on the table.  ;D

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »

I use a 11# recoil spring which helps make it easier to rack. I'm using 130ish PF reloads though...