Author Topic: Magazine Protection  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

Magazine Protection
« on: June 07, 2018, 09:18:01 AM »
For you that carry your magazines in your pockets or some weird spots, this is perfect way to protect your magazine from dirt or lint, or any damage.
They are made in USA  ;D

https://ammo-armor.com/

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: Magazine Protection
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
Magazine Protection

Oh, my bad. I though this was about covering Playboy and Penthouse centerfolds.

O0
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Those would probably be good for protecting mags in a range bag and such but for a spare mag carried for defense I can see some a definite disadvantages. The reload will surely be slowed down and if the cover sticks to the mag it will require 2 hands to remove which would not be good either. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »
I was, carrying the back up mags in my pants pocket.  Had an issue with a CZ75 magazine not feeding (on the back porch, not when I needed it) and found it pretty nasty with dirt/dust.  I cleaned/lubed the magazine/spring and it worked great, again.

I just bought a couple IWB single mag pouches and am currentlly trying them.  Not nearly as comfortable as the mag in a pocket, but the mags are staying clean inside.

My only question on these would be finding some way to attach them inside the pocket, so I could grab just the magazine to pull out and insert in the pistol, leaving the mag. protector in the pocket.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Rcher

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:36:56 PM »
This won't work for me. If I need to carry extra mags on me I will buy a mag holder. Otherwise, my ranch bag has comfortable mag pockets and can hold up to 10 double stack magazines (one pocket can handle 2x 17 round mags or 1x 30 round mag :))

Offline Rcher

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 02:47:00 PM »
BTW, I highly recommend NcStar VISM Padded Double Pistol Range Bag.
https://www.ncstar.com/performance-gear/range-bags-and-pistol-cases/double-pistol-range-bag/cpdx2971g-deluxe-pistol-casegreen

I got it for less than $20, it is not big and not small, but just right for 2 full size pistols, 10 double stack mags and extra stuff:
- ammo (I usually take up to 200 9mm rounds or 100 9mm + 200 .22lr)
- .22lr conversion kit
- oil bottle
- some tools

It might also fit eye/ear protection depending on how many guns/mags/rounds you carry, but I usually carry it separately.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:53:22 PM by Rcher »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:06:29 PM »
A mag that's polished inside and out with a premium car polish (and NO other oil.lube) won''t pick up pocket crud,  BUT the top round may get rubbed/squeezed/pushed forward.

Offline rhart

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 09:29:55 AM »
Plus one for car polish.

I almost always am wearing Propper lightweight tactical pants and they have a nice little pocket on the front left that is almost perfect for a high capacity CZ style mag - although the cover flap can be a little hard to close (velcro closures) on some 17 or 18 round mags. I use this pocket unclosed for my initial load mag during competitions (with four mags in holders on my belt) and closed during concealed carry. I orient the magazine in this little pocket the same way I put them into mag holders. I wear these pants because they are extremely comfortable and don't require ironing as long as they are taken from the dryer and immediately stored properly. They are teflon coated and resist getting wet.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 06:58:24 PM »
A mag that's polished inside and out with a premium car polish (and NO other oil.lube) won''t pick up pocket crud,  BUT the top round may get rubbed/squeezed/pushed forward.

Oh yes it will. Fabric lint will work it's way down into the mag over time. Try carrying one for 6 months every day and then empty it out after that time period. You'll be surprised at what you find. Unless your pockets are rubber lined.

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

Oh yes it will. Fabric lint will work it's way down into the mag over time. Try carrying one for 6 months every day and then empty it out after that time period. You'll be surprised at what you find. Unless your pockets are rubber lined.

but it has already been proven that the P-10c passes the lint test   ;D
I don't look like my avatar!

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 07:17:39 PM »
Yea that was a controlled environment in AZ though. Can it pass the sweaty pants lint test,eeewww.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
When I said won't pick up lint/pocket crud,  I didn't mean the pocket doesn't have these.  It meant they won't "stick/gum up inside the mag.   If it's " dry" it isn't likely to make the mag fail.  To make it like new,  just empty the mag and blow it out.  Reload and press on.
 Dropping mags in South Texas dust/dirt only requires the same.
  If it's wet and lint or dirt is packed in,  that's a different thing.  Water is needed to wash the crud out.  Shake the water out and reload.

anything