Author Topic: Wood Grips for Rami  (Read 10104 times)

Offline DragonRuins

Wood Grips for Rami
« on: January 25, 2018, 12:30:56 AM »
Hey everyone! First post on here, picking up a new Rami soon, I was curious if anyone knows where to find wooden grips that look like the picture I have attached. I very much like the look of those, so I'm looking for something with the same coverage of the checker pattern, and the wood pattern/color. If the pattern isn't quite there, at least something dark colored would work best for me.

I tried to look around a little and couldn't find a whole lot that resembles what I want, and looked around in the forum here to see if anyone made a similar post.

I did find one set that looks almost identical, but I'm not entirely sure how much I like the pattern of the wood, and can't tell if it's dark enough. http://grips4u.net/product/cz-2075-rami-grips-checkered/
Because that website mentions they fit the safety model, I have no idea if there's a difference between the BD model, but I will be getting the safety version.

Thanks!

Offline myczaccount

Re: Wood Grips for Rami
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:36:59 AM »
Welcome to the site and to CZ! I don?t think grip sizes differ between the safety and decocker model. Look up Hakan grips on the site.

Also, don?t be shy, say hi! http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=58.0
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline C. Andrew Dunning

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:11:39 AM »
Hey everyone! First post on here, picking up a new Rami soon, I was curious if anyone knows where to find wooden grips that look like the picture I have attached
I bought the ones you mentioned and really like them.  Plenty dark to go w. the black finish of the rest of the pistol:

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:24:05 AM by C. Andrew Dunning »

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 07:59:17 AM »
The decocker models may require a different cut in the upper rear corner on the left grip to allow the decocker to work for the larger style of grips. Also check out Marschal Grips from Hungary. He was a couple of styles as well as many wood options. Custom work can take 2-3 months (months) although he occasionally has grips in the store ready to ship as shown on his website. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
I think Grips4u will have the for and dark wood you're looking for. Mine were darker than I'd wanted and they told me that batch was full figured, darker wood. I bought a set from Raasco Grips that I came to love even more. They are Walnut but don't look like it. Marschal and Hakan Pek are also excellent choices, though you will pay a little more and wait a little longer since they're in Europe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 06:39:27 PM »
Omega custom grips for CZ. Don't know about that particular style

Offline DragonRuins

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »
I think Grips4u will have the for and dark wood you're looking for. Mine were darker than I'd wanted and they told me that batch was full figured, darker wood.

Thanks! The two pictures of the grips4u you guys have posted look like they're about the darkness I'm looking for. Are they much thicker compared to the stock grips? I do have somewhat small hands and the stock configuration fits me perfectly.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
They may possibly be a little wider than the stocks but it's not noticeable to me.  I suspect you'll be fine with them.

Offline mecenas

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
Those grips from Grips4U are nice and quite dark. Although they look just like the ones on your top photo, Grips4U are not finished to exactly the luster and color as those on the photograph.
These are made on CNC machines and they cover the are just below the rear tang. They differ on the left grip panel depending on RAMI model as the decocker model has to be relieved on the left side. While ordering you must specifically mention the model style. Unfortunately, they are thick and if you have small hands you may have a problem reaching the trigger.

Hakam makes wonderful grips in a variety of exotic woods and he makes them by hand. they are more like factory grips in terms of shape and Hakan will make them in different width. That is what I ordered, and I did not have to wait that long. perhaps a couple of weeks - that is it. If you have small hands, I recommend Hakan. His grips are not more expensive and they certainly are the works of art.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »
By any chance, could someone measure the thickness of the Grips4U with a pair of calipers?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline CZRex

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »
I've got some after market grips for my Rami and they look nice, but I prefer the tacky feel of the stock rubber grips.  Call me old fashioned..........
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 07:21:25 PM »
The wood grips shown here are beautiful.  I love to look at them on other people's guns.  I have them on my .22 target pistol.  Any gun that I may ever need for defense (however unlikely) always wears checkered or textured rubber grips.  IMHO of course.

Offline Kidfixer

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 02:45:30 AM »

I was really interested in putting some wood grips on my Rami...UNTIL I saw this photo.   Wood grips look sexy as hell with the shorter mag, but with the extended mag it looks retarded...like half the grip is missing (compared to black grips).   And not just wood...really, ANY color grip other than black looks chopped-off.

If you plan to use the extended mag, THIS looks much better in my humble opinion.  Clean, sleek.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:03:48 AM by Kidfixer »