Author Topic: P07 vs P10 grip size?  (Read 738 times)

Offline Mccian

P07 vs P10 grip size?
« on: January 26, 2018, 08:36:45 AM »
Hi Ladies & Gents, could anyone with experience with both of these pistols please chime in.....
Looking to get a polymer framed CZ. I have 3 steel framed CZ’s, including a compact. I have larger than average hands and std setup(grip width/trigger reach) is perfect. The wife on the other hand is not remotely comfortable shooting these, she feels that she can’t get a firm enough grip and the pistols move around during recoil. Do the replaceable back straps in small size on the P07 & P10 make a significant difference? And is there a noticeable difference between the 2 models configured as such?
As a side note - she is more comfortable shooting an M&P shield in .45 due to being able to firmly latch onto the small grip. Unfortunately the are no LGS close by that carry CZ, so any and all input is welcome, and no... not considering a 9mm shield.
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline Cyanide

Re: P07 vs P10 grip size?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:39:33 AM »
To me, the grip on the P10 C fills my hand just a tad bit more, due to the slight palmswell it has. I’ve small hands (Small size glove), and have no issues with the medium backstrap on the P10 C, whereas my P-07 is the original “Duty” model sans replaceable backstraps. I don’t know if it will help any or not but here’s a few shots of them side-by-side and in my hand.

Offline Mccian

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »
Thanks for the input and pics.... much appreciated.

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
Hi Ladies & Gents, could anyone with experience with both of these pistols please chime in.....
Looking to get a polymer framed CZ. I have 3 steel framed CZ’s, including a compact. I have larger than average hands and std setup(grip width/trigger reach) is perfect. The wife on the other hand is not remotely comfortable shooting these, she feels that she can’t get a firm enough grip and the pistols move around during recoil. Do the replaceable back straps in small size on the P07 & P10 make a significant difference? And is there a noticeable difference between the 2 models configured as such?
As a side note - she is more comfortable shooting an M&P shield in .45 due to being able to firmly latch onto the small grip. Unfortunately the are no LGS close by that carry CZ, so any and all input is welcome, and no... not considering a 9mm shield.
The backstraps doo make a difference. With the steel framed CZs, what grips are you using? I found good grips and front/backstrap grip tape makes a big difference.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »
FWIW, my wife(small hands) loves "her" P07 Duty but turned up her nose when she held the P10. The OP would be well advised to let the wife hold both guns. The P-07 Duty grip measures the same front to back as the P10 w/small strap. I've read that the P-07 Duty fixed grip is close to the current p07 w/ medium back strap.

Offline Mccian

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 07:00:39 AM »
FWIW, my wife(small hands) loves "her" P07 Duty but turned up her nose when she held the P10. The OP would be well advised to let the wife hold both guns. The P-07 Duty grip measures the same front to back as the P10 w/small strap. I've read that the P-07 Duty fixed grip is close to the current p07 w/ medium back strap.
Thanks for the input Earl, hoping to find a place that has both in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline Mccian

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 07:33:51 AM »
@ Dragon, std rubber grips on the steelies.

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »
@ Dragon, std rubber grips on the steelies.

Try throwing grip tape on the front and back straps. Otherwise, consider getting thin LOK grips.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
Mccain: regarding OP,
Some good suggestions for better grips on your metal frame CZ's.

However, your question was specifically about the polymer CZ guns. The M&P Shield has an aggressive stipple finish that really helps prevent any slippage which might be what makes the difference for your wife.

Good suggestion above to try 'em before you buy 'em. But whichever you choose P-10 or P-07, consider Talon wrap grips. An $18 investment that really works. Two surface textures, and custom fit for the S,M or L backstrap. My hands slip on polymer, so it's the very 1st mod I do. Here's my P-07 with Talon:
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Mccian

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 06:38:54 PM »
Nicely “Vinnyfied” I see.....appreciate the suggestions.

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline Vinny

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 07:12:51 PM »
Thanks Mccain,
Good Luck in your search, and pls keep us posted.
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Mccian

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
Finally..... first day off this year, automotive launches really suck.....big gun show an hour or so away..... wife is game......hope someone has both models to try for fit, never know, may come back with something totally unexpected....

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline Mccian

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
Finally..... first day off this year, automotive launches really suck.....big gun show an hour or so away..... wife is game......hope someone has both models to try for fit, never know, may come back with something totally unexpected....
Can’t say enough about Jason from Frontline Arms out of Pickens SC. He was patient with my wife, answered all her questions, worked with her on her grip, spent quite a lot of time, with multiple CZ’s and when I say time.....I mean really valuable time, so just when I thought I was going to have to order a Kadet kit for a P0-7, she chose........

Very happy lady......

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:32:22 PM by Mccian »

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline Mccian

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 07:09:11 AM »
Can’t say enough about Jason from Frontline Arms out of Pickens SC. He was patient with my wife, answered all her questions, worked with her on her grip, spent quite a lot of time, with multiple CZ’s and when I say time.....I mean really valuable time, so just when I thought I was going to have to order a Kadet kit for a P0-7, she chose........

Very happy lady......

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared

Offline Droopy

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 11:17:36 AM »
Nice it's always a great feeling when I get a gun that makes the lady of the house happy to. What back strap will she be using and will you being adding talon grips on it?

anything