Author Topic: M-Pro 7  (Read 901 times)

Offline Goju

Re: M-Pro 7
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
I’ve used a couple versions of M Pro 7 (standard and “gel”). For me, it hasn’t been the best or worst cleaner, nothing really special. My best cleaner is still Bore Tech Eliminator. Any of the top tier products can clean carbon fouling. Cleaning copper fouling is how I’ve judged a cleaners effectiveness.

Offline eastman

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »
For cleaning, I switched to the Otis Technology cleaners (General Purpose or MSR/AR cleaner) followed by either the Otis or Breakfree version of a CLP for the "L" & "P" functions. The Otis products are low odor.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline romm

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 03:10:59 AM »
I shoot at least 1000 rounds a month in multiple firearms. I have a CZ Shadow Target that has around 20K rounds through it and I've had it just over 2 years. I have a Colt 1911 that has about 8K rounds through it and it's 3 years old. I've bought 12 handguns since then and shot them all quite a bit. I have used M-Pro 7 exclusively and it works great. I have never seen a sticky residue on any of my guns. I have the 1 gallon bottle of it. I put some in an old windex type spray bottle and spray my guns down liberally.

Here is a pic of the Colt and CZ with some other great company:

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
Neither me or my son like M Pro7. It leaves a sticky residue.

After using it for couple of times, I must agree with you. It leaves some sticky residue that I don't like.
My search for the replacement of the stinky "9" will continue, I will look closely to recommendations from the above posts and if someone else know any better cleaner - please chime in.
Pro 7 oil seems like fine product to me.

I agree their oil is fine. I just don't like the cleaner.

Agree.  I have a spray bottle of it I should donate to a noob.

Offline jacmac422

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »
I use M-Pro 7 on my AR, works great. I use Slide Glide + Frog Lube on my CZs though.

Just a heads up the only malfunction I have ever had on any handgun was on a 1911 that I used Frog Lube on.  I was carrying it in the winter while out camping.  I went to shoot some cans only got one shot off.  The slide moved so slowly it wouldnt cycle until I heated it up.  I will never use Frog Lube again.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
I use M-Pro 7 on my AR, works great. I use Slide Glide + Frog Lube on my CZs though.

Just a heads up the only malfunction I have ever had on any handgun was on a 1911 that I used Frog Lube on.  I was carrying it in the winter while out camping.  I went to shoot some cans only got one shot off.  The slide moved so slowly it wouldnt cycle until I heated it up.  I will never use Frog Lube again.

I don't put frog lube on the rails, I have slide glide for that. Only use frog lube for all the innards.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »

Same thing, went coyote hunting, 10 degrees out so not bad and the AR wouldn't cycle proper.  Went back to pickup, grabbed break free CLP and began a cleaning. 
I need to donate that too.

Offline romm

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
Agree.  I have a spray bottle of it I should donate to a noob.

Donate it to this noob , I'll gladly take it!

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
OK, looks like I found what I was looking for.
It's called BREAKTHROUGH (Military grade solvent).
What I didn't like about old "9" - stinks up the house. Wife hates it.
What I didn't like about M-Pro 7 - leaves some sticking residue.
Breakthrough doesn't stink, and no residue. Spray it on, leave for couple of minutes, and wipe off. Cleans like SOB.
LOVE it.
They have it on Amazon, but I got mine at Ebay (16 Oz spray bottle). Stay away from smaller spray bottles. Apparently sprayer on them sucks.

Offline Rcher

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 09:30:45 PM »
OK, looks like I found what I was looking for.
It's called BREAKTHROUGH (Military grade solvent).
What I didn't like about old "9" - stinks up the house. Wife hates it.
What I didn't like about M-Pro 7 - leaves some sticking residue.
Breakthrough doesn't stink, and no residue. Spray it on, leave for couple of minutes, and wipe off. Cleans like SOB.
LOVE it.
They have it on Amazon, but I got mine at Ebay (16 Oz spray bottle). Stay away from smaller spray bottles. Apparently sprayer on them sucks.

May be it's too late :) but have you tried "Hoppe's Elite Gun Cleaner"? It doesn't smell, I use it time to time to clean bore (my normal schedule includes Balistol).

Offline S281

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:51 PM »

Yup, same reason I quit using it. Smelled so bleep good too.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »
I used to use M-Pro 7. Works great if it's really dirty, but I don't usually let 'em get that bad.
I also needed to follow up with a bore lubricant, after MP-7
Switched back to Hoppe's 9 for the bore and breach and it's a one shot deal.

My wife likes the smell of Hoppes.  Go figure.
I guess she's a keeper.  ;)
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline rhart

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
I used to use M-Pro 7. Works great if it's really dirty, but I don't usually let 'em get that bad.

Yeah, sounds like a one in a million. Does she like to shoot too?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »

Yeah, sounds like a one in a million. Does she like to shoot too?
I think her liking Hoppe's comes from the smell of motor racing fuel. She's a big F-1 fan and we both like driving classic sports cars. Yeah, I'm a lucky dog.
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

anything