Author Topic: M-Pro 7  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

M-Pro 7
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
I am cleaning my guns with stinking "9" for ages now. I always hated the stink, but figured, this stuff works, so why change it ?
Finally I pulled the trigger and I bought M-Pro 7 Cleaner and Oil.
I must say - I was stupid for not switching before. Not only that this stuff doesn't stink, but it cleans better than old Hoppe's 9.
Also I was with Remington oil forever. From now on - it's M-Pro 7 Oil for me.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:32:18 PM by Chicago Dude »

Offline snakeye

Re: M-Pro 7
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »
I did the same thing a while back, quit using the Hoppes 9 and made the change to MPro7....I do like it better and the wife is a lot happier that it doesn't stink

Offline dave33

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:18:59 AM »
Ive been using M-Pro 7 for a few years now, both the cleaner and oil and am very pleased.  I don't know if it just came out or I just found some but they now make a bore gel that does a good job too.  Suppose to condition the barrel to make future cleaning easier.  That may or may not be the case but I did use it last night on my P-09 .40 that I had recently run about 300 coated lead bullets through with bullseye powder and the bore does look like new after a short soak and very light scrubbing.

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
Ive been using M-Pro 7 for a few years now, both the cleaner and oil and am very pleased.  I don't know if it just came out or I just found some but they now make a bore gel that does a good job too.  Suppose to condition the barrel to make future cleaning easier.  That may or may not be the case but I did use it last night on my P-09 .40 that I had recently run about 300 coated lead bullets through with bullseye powder and the bore does look like new after a short soak and very light scrubbing.

Thanks for that info. I was thinking about that gel, and looks like I will be getting me some.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:18:47 PM »
I use M-Pro 7 on my AR, works great. I use Slide Glide + Frog Lube on my CZs though.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »
Hopes smells great, wonderful stuff. :) I use it for real cleaning in the bore, and everything else is Weapon Shield.  Never heard of M-Pro 7. I HAVE heard less than flattering things abut Frog Lube, but never personally confirmed them.

Offline romukom

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 12:15:18 AM »
That is funny for my end. When I first got into guns I used both cleaner and oil from M-pro 7. Now I am using Hoppes 9.  I like the smell.  For oil I use the Lucas's extreme duty gun oil (green) ; it has a grapes smell.
The  M-pro 7 cleaner works good but I got tired of the leaky spray pump. One thing that I noticed that my guns gets this  weird smell  after several months of storage.  So I pretty much stopped using them.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:41 AM »
That is funny for my end. When I first got into guns I used both cleaner and oil from M-pro 7. Now I am using Hoppes 9.  I like the smell.  For oil I use the Lucas's extreme duty gun oil (green) ; it has a grapes smell.
The  M-pro 7 cleaner works good but I got tired of the leaky spray pump. One thing that I noticed that my guns gets this  weird smell  after several months of storage.  So I pretty much stopped using them.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Use the liquid M Pro 7!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 06:58:55 AM »
I'm still using a supply of military bore cleaner yet I do have some #9 on the shelf as well. Never really was concerned about the smell since I clean my guns for the obvious reason.

Offline rhart

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:48 AM »
Neither me or my son like M Pro7. It leaves a sticky residue.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 11:55:41 PM »
I like m-pro7, it is in my range bag for relube if I need to disassemble and clean and relube.  I also carry shooters choice in my range bag, that jar of cleaner has an amazing strong Oder but it works great. If I have time at the outdoor range I will clean with that, get a good deep clean. Lol

Lately I have been using TW-25,slip200 and super lube depending on the gun.  Hoppes 7 to clean in the house.

Offline Mastodon

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »
Whatever you use and works for you; stay with it.  That's what was always told to me.

Previous reply-er mentioned Slip 2000.  I've been using that for quite awhile now, and love it for all my firearms; especially carbines.  Non-toxic too; not that I'll be throwing back a shot of it this evening... I go through enough already  ;D

Chartered in 1845 by The Republic of Texas

Offline ranastas

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:00 AM »
Switched to Lubrikit ex2b grease and guardian lp oil a while back and would have to be blown away to use anything else now. But I do keep a 50/50 mix of hopees and kroil for tough jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »

After using it for couple of times, I must agree with you. It leaves some sticky residue that I don't like.
My search for the replacement of the stinky "9" will continue, I will look closely to recommendations from the above posts and if someone else know any better cleaner - please chime in.
Pro 7 oil seems like fine product to me.

Offline rhart

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 06:57:59 PM »

After using it for couple of times, I must agree with you. It leaves some sticky residue that I don't like.
My search for the replacement of the stinky "9" will continue, I will look closely to recommendations from the above posts and if someone else know any better cleaner - please chime in.
Pro 7 oil seems like fine product to me.

I agree their oil is fine. I just don't like the cleaner.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.