Author Topic: Milling for DPP - who should I send it to?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline SlvrDragon50

Milling for DPP - who should I send it to?
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:47 PM »
I just placed an order for a Leupold DPP, and now I'm trying to figure out who to send my stuff to. Currently leaning towards Primary Machine because I know they do fantastic work, was about to get the viper cut, but then I remembered it would make the gun illegal for carry optics. Any other suggestions? CZC and CGW are a bit pricier, and I imagine they are more busy so will take longer as well. L&M was a bit expensive.

Offline DOC 1500

Re: Milling for DPP - who should I send it to?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 09:23:01 PM »
What do you mean illegal for carry optics??
 Doesn't matter what milling you want done ,have  primary machines do it . they did a fantastic job on my P09.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:11:24 PM »
I just placed an order for a Leupold DPP, and now I'm trying to figure out who to send my stuff to. Currently leaning towards Primary Machine because I know they do fantastic work, was about to get the viper cut, but then I remembered it would make the gun illegal for carry optics. Any other suggestions? CZC and CGW are a bit pricier, and I imagine they are more busy so will take longer as well. L&M was a bit expensive.

If you're sure you'll stay with the DPP, go with Primary. Everyone seems pleased with their work and turn-around time.

However, I had CZC do my first P-07 SR with a 'multi-optic' cut. More $ than Primary's 'single optic cut' they did a clean job and returned it in less time than quoted. Although I mounted a DPP, back at the time I wasn't sure if I'd stay with that optic, but I think it's a keeper.

Primary is cutting my 2nd P-07 SR for a Venom that I got for 'free' from a different gun; and cerakoting the slide titanium. Only been a week so it hasn't arrived back yet. It's less $ and it will be cut tight for the Venom which should be better (but I won't have the option to change it like the multi-cut).

Once I get the 2nd P-07 back from Primary, I have a P-09 that I'll have Primary cut after I have a chance to run both guns and decide which optic I like best. Ultimately, a single cut sits slightly lower, and is more secure, and costs less $.

That's my 2cents.  ;) 
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:13:29 PM »
What do you mean illegal for carry optics??
 Doesn't matter what milling you want done ,have  primary machines do it . they did a fantastic job on my P09.
Carry optics is a USPSA division.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »

If you're sure you'll stay with the DPP, go with Primary. Everyone seems pleased with their work and turn-around time.

However, I had CZC do my first P-07 SR with a 'multi-optic' cut. More $ than Primary's 'single optic cut' they did a clean job and returned it in less time than quoted. Although I mounted a DPP, back at the time I wasn't sure if I'd stay with that optic, but I think it's a keeper.

Primary is cutting my 2nd P-07 SR for a Venom that I got for 'free' from a different gun; and cerakoting the slide titanium. Only been a week so it hasn't arrived back yet. It's less $ and it will be cut tight for the Venom which should be better (but I won't have the option to change it like the multi-cut).

Once I get the 2nd P-07 back from Primary, I have a P-09 that I'll have Primary cut after I have a chance to run both guns and decide which optic I like best. Ultimately, a single cut sits slightly lower, and is more secure, and costs less $.

That's my 2cents.  ;)

Got it. I think I'm gonna stick with the DPP. Realistically conceal carry isn't a big priority for me right now since I'm in Illinois, and I have a FL CC permit (not recognized). Plus, I'm always on campus or in a hospital where I can't carry anyways.

Primary Machine isn't that much more expensive than the other places, and I know they have a 10% discount as well. Probably gonna go with them. just gotta figure out a color now!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
Sorry I was so wordy; but seems you've got a solid plan.
Picking the color is the hard part.   -Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 12:32:30 AM »
SLVRDRAGON50, What color is your gun? I have the urban gray p07 and have always tried to find a color that goes well with it but always end up choosing black for the slide.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:33:47 AM »
SLVRDRAGON50, What color is your gun? I have the urban gray p07 and have always tried to find a color that goes well with it but always end up choosing black for the slide.

All black. I think a black slide and colored frame is better, but I have to go with the reverse unfortunately. At the moment I'm leaning towards some sort of grey, but I'm considering Blue Titanium as well though some pictures it looks really blue.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 06:31:37 AM »
please send some images after it's done.  8)
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 11:19:17 AM »

All black. I think a black slide and colored frame is better, but I have to go with the reverse unfortunately. At the moment I'm leaning towards some sort of grey, but I'm considering Blue Titanium as well though some pictures it looks really blue.
Blue titanium is very lighting influenced. It's not so bright and blue indoors under lower light like it is under bright lights and outside in the sun.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »

Blue titanium is very lighting influenced. It's not so bright and blue indoors under lower light like it is under bright lights and outside in the sun.

Ahh, that's pretty neat! I ended up seeing that you had a choose your own Cerakote color so now I'm going through all of the colors in their inventory, and now the problem is 100 times worse! I'm terrible at making decisions :( I wish I could find all these colors in person. Cobalt Slate is growing on me though. On the bright side, I think I'm going to get the Pit Viper Cut again since I realize the P07 isn't an ideal carry optics choice, and the milling makes it illegal anyways.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 12:03:31 PM by SlvrDragon50 »

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »

Ahh, that's pretty neat! I ended up seeing that you had a choose your own Cerakote color so now I'm going through all of the colors in their inventory, and now the problem is 100 times worse! I'm terrible at making decisions :( I wish I could find all these colors in person. Cobalt Slate is growing on me though. On the bright side, I think I'm going to get the Pit Viper Cut again since I realize the P07 isn't an ideal carry optics choice, and the milling makes it illegal anyways.

What we tell people is if you see a color you think you like, google it. That way you can see what it will look like under tons of different lighting.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 10:03:44 PM »

What we tell people is if you see a color you think you like, google it. That way you can see what it will look like under tons of different lighting.

Did that a lot. I wasn't too into the greys until I saw your Sniper Gray. Then I saw Stone Gray which is what I've decided to go with! Gonna place the order pretty soon. Just need to get my DPP in!

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 10:04:24 PM »
Blue titanium is a badass color. I painted an old saw blade in that color just to see how it looks. It's mainly metallic sliver with a very light hue of blue in the sun. I have an AR SBR in tungsten but I've been wanting to redo it in this blue titanium. This color reminds me all the T1000 robots in terminator movies for some reason.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 11:57:21 PM »
Blue titanium is a badass color. I painted an old saw blade in that color just to see how it looks. It's mainly metallic sliver with a very light hue of blue in the sun. I have an AR SBR in tungsten but I've been wanting to redo it in this blue titanium. This color reminds me all the T1000 robots in terminator movies for some reason.

Hmm, I saw a lot of blue titanium cerakotes that were very blue. I wouldn't mind doing an AR in it, but I think the slide in blue titanium is a bit too much for me.