Author Topic: Milling for DPP - who should I send it to?  (Read 987 times)

Offline Vinny

Re: Milling for DPP - who should I send it to?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »
SlvrDragon,
Go with your gut. Stone Grey with black looks solid. With the Viper cut the shades of grey will pop.  Doesn't scream like some colors, but something that will look stunning, that you will never get tired of. JMO

I'll send images of my black P-07's slide in Titanium when Primary sends back. Some will say boring, some will say classic, but in the end it's my choice. Considered Cobalt, Gun Metal grey, Tungsten.....maybe for my P-09 next.

Looking forward to images of that Viper cut with your DPP mounted.
-Vinny
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
SlvrDragon,
Go with your gut. Stone Grey with black looks solid. With the Viper cut the shades of grey will pop.  Doesn't scream like some colors, but something that will look stunning, that you will never get tired of. JMO

I'll send images of my black P-07's slide in Titanium when Primary sends back. Some will say boring, some will say classic, but in the end it's my choice. Considered Cobalt, Gun Metal grey, Tungsten.....maybe for my P-09 next.

Looking forward to images of that Viper cut with your DPP mounted.
-Vinny
Definitely considered Titanium as well. If my barrel were more used I would refinish the barrel, but I don't think I have more than even 200 rounds through the P07.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • Talk is cheap!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 05:08:10 PM »
SLVRDRAGON50, What color is your gun? I have the urban gray p07 and have always tried to find a color that goes well with it but always end up choosing black for the slide.

If one could properly color match the Urban Gray polymer with a (custom) Cerakote color that might look cool. Otherwise I'd be inclined to stay with black nitride for the slide.

Now, if they could do white nitride... I'd have to have a really hard think about that! :)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »
If you wanna see a titanium slide on my P0 9 check out this link.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93908.0
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
If you wanna see a titanium slide on my P0 9 check out this link.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=93908.0

Thanks, very helpful. I like the contrast of Titanium with black.
That's what I ordered from Primary for my P-07 milled for Venom.
I'm looking forward to it's return in next couple weeks.  ;D

Just for variety though, I'll probably do something different when I have Primary do my P-09. Maybe Cobalt, Stone Grey, Gun Metal, or Tungsten.

Anyone have images of CZ's with those colors??
"Carpe Diem"

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 08:46:40 PM »
Try cerekotes web site
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
I ordered a swatch of Cobalt and Stone Grey, and some other colors. Unfortunately, not too many CZs on the internet, lots of glocks.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 12:55:38 PM »
Just got my slide back from Primary today. Nice work! Titanium Cerakote.
Can't wait to go dial it in.  That's the stock SR front site.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »
Looks great! Seems like I should get mine maybe end of next week if I'm lucky?

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with sights though.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 01:04:59 PM »
On my other P-07 I used the optional Leupold rear iron and Dawson made me a custom .440 tritium front for $59.  co-witness is perfect but I'd probably go .450 if I do again because the rear iron is all the way down. That extra .010 would give me a little more adjustment.  I know it's tall, but I don't holster it and the Leupold is about as bulletproof as any mini-rds.  YMMV

I had this Venom on hand, so I figured why not?  O0

Please send images when you get it back!   -Vinny
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 03:36:22 PM by Vinny, Reason: Typo »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 03:17:51 PM »
On my other P-07 I used the optional Leupold rear iron and Dawson made me a custom .440 tritium front for $59.  co-witness perfect but I'd probably go .450 if I do again because rear iron all the way down. That extra .010 would give me a little more adjustment.  I know it's tall, but I don't holster it and the Leupold is about as bulletproof as and mini-rds.  YMMV

I had this Venom on hand, so I figured why not?  O0

Please send images when you get it back!   -Vinny

What are you zeroing the irons out to? Or I guess since you co-witness, the dot?

I wonder if a lower 1/3 cowitness is possible with a DPP like in rifles? Also, is a tritium front distracting with the dot? Not sure if it's better to get a tritium or plain black.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • Talk is cheap!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2018, 03:20:24 PM »
I wonder if a lower 1/3 cowitness is possible with a DPP like in rifles? Also, is a tritium front distracting with the dot? Not sure if it's better to get a tritium or plain black.

Should be ... some guys set up their pistols like this - you just treat the dot and irons as separate beasts.

I use a fiber front and don't have any issues with it being distracting and it is much brighter most of the time than a night sight would be. At night the difference in color (green vs red) would help you distinguish between the sight and the dot...
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »

Should be ... some guys set up their pistols like this - you just treat the dot and irons as separate beasts.

I use a fiber front and don't have any issues with it being distracting and it is much brighter most of the time than a night sight would be. At night the difference in color (green vs red) would help you distinguish between the sight and the dot...

Dang! That's brilliant. I will have a light on the P07 as well. Figuring out the correct height for a lower 1/3 cowitness is gonna be annoying though.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »
Here's my UG SR P-07 with the DPP and DPP rear iron. The co-witness is lower in the reticle 'window' . It looks like the red dot would overlap, but in actual use you'll move your red dot higher into center of window, square on your target.

"Carpe Diem"

Offline ARodPDT117

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »
Had my P09 done by CGW with the optional DPP rear sight. It doesn't co-witness. I have a Sig P320 with an RMR setup that is perfect cowitness. If I were to do it again with the CZs (which I will) they will be RMR on the p07 (next) and either an RMR or DPP on the P09 but done by Primary Machine. They fact they can/will cut the rear dove tail for glock sights is huge. Gives you way more options.