Author Topic: Strange day at the range...  (Read 1687 times)

Offline RPN

Strange day at the range...
« on: January 28, 2018, 09:00:47 AM »
I shot everything pretty well- 9mm, 45, 22 pistol and 22 rifle!  That is a rare thing...I'm usually on with a couple and off with at least one!  :P

This is good shooting for me...about 25 feet.  I haven't shot the SP01 a lot and have recently decided to try and work on it more, so I'm pleased with that.  I'm improving with the 45 also which feels great.

Brought it out to 50 feet after that, put the 1st two shots within an inch or two, said "alright!" and then proceeded to start wandering around the target! :o ;D

Always nice getting out though....

Offline MadDuner

Re: Strange day at the range...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »
Very nice!

When you're "on it" you're "on it'!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
And there is nothing nicer than a completely "on" day! Nice work!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »
RPN, I know how you feel.  I started off a 12 (or was it 15??) yard group one day with the first two bullets going into the same hole.  I was trying to figure out how I missed the whole darn target and had no idea.  Then I shot the 3rd shot and the hole was just enough bigger to see that 3rd shot went to the same place as the first two.  And then I fell apart.  No matter how long I held that P09 up I just could not get satisfied with the sight picture "right" for the next shot.  I tried 4 or 5 times.  Gave up trying to get it "perfect" and just shot the rest of the magazine.  It was UGLY.

Sometimes it happens.  Just keep practicing.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline timetofly

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
Nice shooting'.  When you're in the zone, keep with it. 
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »
I sometimes think seeing each shot's result can spoil the rest of the shots.  Firing 5 rounds without any visual feedback might be best for a small group....at least for me. :) 

Offline boss281

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 05:34:46 AM »
Congrats on your on day. Yesterday i couldnt hit the broadside of a barn, although I was trying new ammo. I need my on day back!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline RPN

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 05:50:04 AM »
Thanks all.

Gotta say it's easier when you have quality firearms...and I have good weapons!  8)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »
I sometimes think seeing each shot's result can spoil the rest of the shots.  Firing 5 rounds without any visual feedback might be best for a small group....at least for me. :)

That's true for a lot of people.  Once you see the beginnings of a good group, you put pressure on yourself to keep it going.  Not a good thing.  We should be focusing on doing things right/consistently.  If we did that, instead of trying to keep the group small - then we'd find the group would be small.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »

That's true for a lot of people.  Once you see the beginnings of a good group, you put pressure on yourself to keep it going.  Not a good thing.  We should be focusing on doing things right/consistently.  If we did that, instead of trying to keep the group small - then we'd find the group would be small.

^^^ This +1 ^^^

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »

Oh NOW you tell me.
I shoot without my prescription glasses on.  It allows a crystal clear front sight, but the actual target is just a blurry mass.  I keep aiming for the same spot - but cannot tell where the rounds land until I either walk up on the target or roll it back in at the indoor range.  I would probably really screw it up if I actually knew where they hit while shooting! LOL

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
Nice

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
Nice shooting. Thanks for sharing.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
Great shooting - Always fun times at the range. I try to blame ammo but... my pistols seem to shoot anything better than me :P
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline eastman

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »
I had a strange day at the range today - shooting steel targets at an indoor range. It was a bit pricey, but a lot of fun.

I found that the flip up and lock plate rack would move enough to lock when the hit was from either a 9mm or a .45, but was locking in the up position better than 90% of the time with the TacSport .40

Shot the 3rd plate off of a Texas Star, and it started to swing hard enough that it shook the legs off.  :o
I don't look like my avatar!

anything