Author Topic: 29ES Extended Manual Safety LH  (Read 1885 times)

Offline WVsig

29ES Extended Manual Safety LH
« on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
Anyone have one of these on their CGWs. They have my 75B and I just keep adding to my build. I am sure they are getting tired of all the updates. I would say that most of the time I run my 75B in DA/SA mode but it might also be run cocked and locked because I run 1911s and BHPs that way. I have no real issues with the stock safety other than it is a little thin and does not have that 1911 positive click. Does the CGW 29ES have a more positive feel?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline WVsig

Re: 29ES Extended Manual Safety LH
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
Thanks that is the exact info that CGW gave me. I still went with the extended safety. LOL
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline rifmon

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
I can confirm that swapping out the safety spring totally changes the stock mushy safety to a positive clicking safety. It was a $4.00 upgrade.

But I was looking at that Cajun safety because I find that my thumb is too short to comfortably engage the stock safety without adjusting my grip. Will this Cajun's safety help make it slightly easier for me to swipe on-off? Does anyone who has had this installed notice that it shorts the reach?

Offline delphidoc

• Larry
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »
I?ve got them on my 97B and SP01 Compact. My 75B SA came with one already on it. Handy place to rest your thumb while shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the knock on the door said “Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms,” naturally I thought it was a delivery…

Offline WVsig

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
I can confirm that swapping out the safety spring totally changes the stock mushy safety to a positive clicking safety. It was a $4.00 upgrade.

But I was looking at that Cajun safety because I find that my thumb is too short to comfortably engage the stock safety without adjusting my grip. Will this Cajun's safety help make it slightly easier for me to swipe on-off? Does anyone who has had this installed notice that it shorts the reach?

For me it does not change the reach much but it is a better lever if that makes sense. It is more 1911 like but and if you shoot a lot of 1911 or BHP it feels more natural than the stock CZ part IMHO.

Offline mastaking

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »
I have a Compact Shadow, is it easy to change the safety lever to the extended like on my full size shadow?

What would I need to buy?