Author Topic: First trip to range with my new P-01 (99041)  (Read 7738 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

First trip to range with my new P-01 (99041)
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
Took my new P-01 (99041) for the first time for some shooting.
Wow !!!!!
I don't know what it is, but I shot that one better than my 75B. Maybe the #13 spring and firing pin that Eastman did for me ?
Talk about smooth shooter. I just love it.
I shot 200 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr, and had not one single problem.
Given it's only 50 of them out (so far) I thought of storing this gun and making it safe queen.
Hell no !!!! This baby just loves to shoot and will be going with me to many more range trips.
Love it !!!!
Now I understand bragging from guys with 99021.  :)

Offline SP01bob

Re: First trip to range with my new P-01 (99041)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Wow !!!!!
I don't know what it is, but I shot that one better than my 75B. Maybe the #13 spring and firing pin that Eastman did for me ?
Given it's only 50 of them out (so far) I thought of storing this gun and making it safe queen.
Hell no !!!! This baby just loves to shoot and will be going with me to many more range trips.
Love it !!!!
That's great. Can't wait til mine comes home thru the FFL.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline handgun2

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
CZ's 'Beg to be shot!",   none of mine are safe queens.. they are my 'mistress's", and desire to be handled as often as possible!  and I kinda think... (and if you read a bit)   some gun guys, actually 'like' seeing / owning WELL cared for USED guns.. including the inevatible scratches and such... just adds character.. just like the hot rod / motorcycle phenomenon... old stuff, used, and SHOWN and CHERISHED for all the 'blemish's".    Just my personal opinion. 

enjoy!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »
Now you know... On paper with just the numbers these pistols don't make a ton of sense. But when a good percentage of people shoot them something just comes together...
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
Now you know... On paper with just the numbers these pistols don't make a ton of sense. But when a good percentage of people shoot them something just comes together...

Well said my friend. And Handgun2 put it well also. They just beg to be shot.
I must say, it would be big mistake to put this gun on the side and just look at it without firing it. To be honest, I have PCR which I love, but I am seriously contemplating of carrying this gun also. It does have some weight to it, but you are confident that you have a Devil on your belt which could inflict some serious damage (if needed). My only concern is the lack of decocker, but it will be just the matter of getting use to it. I think, half cocked is the way to go.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »

Well said my friend. And Handgun2 put it well also. They just beg to be shot.
I must say, it would be big mistake to put this gun on the side and just look at it without firing it. To be honest, I have PCR which I love, but I am seriously contemplating of carrying this gun also. It does have some weight to it, but you are confident that you have a Devil on your belt which could inflict some serious damage (if needed). My only concern is the lack of decocker, but it will be just the matter of getting use to it. I think, half cocked is the way to go.

Hahaha this just gets funnier.

Carrying one of these makes even less sense by the numbers! But after shooting mine I got a nice AIWB holster from Stealthgear and carried it a bunch. I couldn't really explain it to anyone in a practical way. Like you said, you have a Devil in your belt. I just shot it accurately and fast and had total faith in its reliability, so it came into rotation.

I run mine at half cock and have the thin safety on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:23 PM »

[/quote]

Help me understand that one. Half cock and thin safety ? I can have it cocked and safety, but I can't have it at half cock and safety.
I am confused   :-[

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »

Help me understand that one. Half cock and thin safety ? I can have it cocked and safety, but I can't have it at half cock and safety.
I am confused   :-[
[/quote]

Poor wording on my part. I have the thin safety installed again, as opposed to the extended safety. I carry it with the hammer lowered to half cock. The safety is NOT engaged when the hammer is at half cock.

With a Race or Competition hammer there are times you can engage the safety when the hammer is at half cock. But even if it is mechanical possible I have been told not to by the likes of CGW and other wise members.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 06:42:36 AM »
CZ's 'Beg to be shot!",   none of mine are safe queens.. they are my 'mistress's", and desire to be handled as often as possible!  and I kinda think... (and if you read a bit)   some gun guys, actually 'like' seeing / owning WELL cared for USED guns.. including the inevatible scratches and such... just adds character.. just like the hot rod / motorcycle phenomenon... old stuff, used, and SHOWN and CHERISHED for all the 'blemish's".    Just my personal opinion. 

enjoy!

I'm glad your Mistress allows you to shoot her guns!
Sorry, by far not the grammar queen, I couldn't help commenting on the possesive nature of your words, rather than plurality.

Offline boss281

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 07:02:08 AM »
After getting some time running different ammo, I have to say the P-01 is my favorite pistol.  I'm now carrying the P-01 (decocked) in an OWB holster from BladeTech (the IDPA one) at work until my custom leather one comes in from Craft Holsters.  The decocker gives me an extra bit of security when holstered and I know that a trigger pull is a full double action away in that million to one chance I'll need it.

I've ordered the Cajun Gun Works stainless steel guide rod and 75200 Defensive Carry Package Decocker kit.  Thanks to ChicagoDude and a few others for helping me iron out a bit of squirrellyness when I first took it to the range.

Enjoy the P-01.  Even though I work in a gun store there isn't a single pistol there that fits so well in my hands and works as well, although my SP-01 Tactical does just fine for competition sports (the heavier gun seems to track better for me during run and gun events).
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 09:40:55 PM »
I'm not even going to try and hide my jealousy  O0

Seriously, congratulations on that super sweet new pistol. I didn't jump when they appeared, otherwise I'd be right there with you. I love my SP-01 Tactical and hope someday to find the compact as well.

Enjoy!
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »
I'm not even going to try and hide my jealousy  O0

Seriously, congratulations on that super sweet new pistol. I didn't jump when they appeared, otherwise I'd be right there with you. I love my SP-01 Tactical and hope someday to find the compact as well.

Enjoy!

Thanks Jiva.
Here is one, waiting for you   ;D
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743861231

Offline seaswol

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 05:13:52 PM »

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 08:51:39 AM »
^ Thanks for the heads up on these - Naturally, I have just spent a large chunk of my "gun money"  ::) (for now) on a scope for my new 452... sigh

I really hope I can get lucky with this in the near future - Thanks again for the help locating these!
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Mercs

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 11:18:10 AM »
Wow !!!!!
Love it !!!!
Hey Chicago Dude, I?m from Edison Park bro. I have one of these on the way to my FFL. Can you tell what you have done to your so far? I don?t think I will be putting this one away very often, and want to trick it out a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything