Author Topic: New RMR 147 gr. Heavy Match Bullets  (Read 4520 times)

Offline ReloaderFred

New RMR 147 gr. Heavy Match Bullets
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:00:47 PM »
Jake announced his new "in house" 147 gr. 9mm/357 Sig bullet at the SHOT Show last week, and they now have them on their website.  This looks to be an ideal bullet for use with a suppressor, or for anyone who likes to use 147 gr. bullets in their 9x19 or 357 Sig handguns:

https://www.rmrbullets.com/products/412060370550816-9mm-147-gr-rmr-heavy-match-flat-nose-fmj

They run $90.00 per thousand, shipped, with other prices for other amounts.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Re: New RMR 147 gr. Heavy Match Bullets
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 12:02:19 AM »
Yea they look nice ! Didn't see what size they were ! Did not see it on the website. Are these .355/.356 ? Thanks.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:38:12 AM »
Generally speaking, if it's a jacketed 9mm and it's not specified .356, you may assume it's .355.  ;)

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 01:16:52 AM »
I should have asked Jake at the SHOT Show, but I was in sensory overload by the time I got to his booth, and he looked like I felt, which was exhausted.  There are 12 miles of aisles at the show...............

Here's what he posted in the e-mail he sent:

A new bullet is born!!!  Introducing the new 9mm 147 grain RMR Heavy Matchwinner! We are calling it the Heavy Match for short and it is about to become THE bullet for subsonic and heavy 9mm or .357 sig shooters.  Click on the picture to be directed to the product listing on our website.  This price is an introductory price.  With the cost of copper and lead skyrocketing we don't know how much longer we will be able to maintain the current pricing on all of our RMR made jacketed bullets.  So the time to buy is NOW!  Also, I just want to point out that January is over.  I hope that brings you as much joy as it does to me.  Seriously, I hate January.   

$53 for 500 shipped
$90 for 1,000 shipped

I know for a fact that metal prices are rising.  I took 300 pounds of scrap brass to the recycler just before leaving for Las Vegas and the SHOT Show, and got $1.80 a pound for it, which is higher than it's been for several years.  I would look for price increases from all the manufacturers pretty soon, since the raw material prices are rising at a pretty fast rate.

Hope this helps.

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline noway

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
I should have asked Jake at the SHOT Show, but I was in sensory overload by the time I got to his booth, and he looked like I felt, which was exhausted.  There are 12 miles of aisles at the show...............

Here's what he posted in the e-mail he sent:

A new bullet is born!!!  Introducing the new 9mm 147 grain RMR Heavy Matchwinner! We are calling it the Heavy Match for short and it is about to become THE bullet for subsonic and heavy 9mm or .357 sig shooters.  Click on the picture to be directed to the product listing on our website.  This price is an introductory price.  With the cost of copper and lead skyrocketing we don't know how much longer we will be able to maintain the current pricing on all of our RMR made jacketed bullets.  So the time to buy is NOW!  Also, I just want to point out that January is over.  I hope that brings you as much joy as it does to me.  Seriously, I hate January.   

$53 for 500 shipped
$90 for 1,000 shipped

I know for a fact that metal prices are rising.  I took 300 pounds of scrap brass to the recycler just before leaving for Las Vegas and the SHOT Show, and got $1.80 a pound for it, which is higher than it's been for several years.  I would look for price increases from all the manufacturers pretty soon, since the raw material prices are rising at a pretty fast rate.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Oh great! Now we've got to start hoarding bullets, in addition to powder and primers. Where does it end??  :)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 09:24:10 AM »
That's it !!

I'm changing the name of this forum from Ammo & Handloading to...

Ammo & Hoarding !

O0
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:06:30 AM »
That's it !!

Ammo & Hoarding !

O0

It's about time!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 11:05:48 AM »
Just start picking up aluminum cans and bottles alongside the road and cash them in for bullet money.  It's a win/win/win, since the roadsides will be cleaner, you'll have more bullet money, and the homeless guy will move to greener pastures where there's more for him to pick up.......

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »
Generally speaking, if it's a jacketed 9mm and it's not specified .356, you may assume it's .355.  ;)

Yea true, only reasons I ask cuz certain Xtreme 147s are .356/.357 when the majority of there others are .355. I assume someone will let us know soon enough.  :)

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »

Yea true, only reasons I ask cuz certain Xtreme 147s are .356/.357 when the majority of there others are .355. I assume someone will let us know soon enough.  :)

Right.  But those are plated, not jacketed.  ;-)

Standard for jacketed is .355.
Standard for lead and coated Lead is .356.
Standard for plated is .356, though admittedly, variation seems more common in plated.

Regardless, if a bullet is off the standard diameter for its type, you can expect that the diameter will be listed.  ;)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »

Right.  But those are plated, not jacketed.  ;-)

Standard for jacketed is .355.
Standard for lead and coated Lead is .356.
Standard for plated is .356, though admittedly, variation seems more common in plated.

Regardless, if a bullet is off the standard diameter for its type, you can expect that the diameter will be listed.  ;)

Cool thanks for the generalization, I guess I didn't know that between plated and jacketed, always good to learn something. I'm a little concerned with the shape and such, considering our beloved CZs have the shorter throat/chamber. What do you guys think about that ?

Offline baldrage

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »

Cool thanks for the generalization, I guess I didn't know that between plated and jacketed, always good to learn something. I'm a little concerned with the shape and such, considering our beloved CZs have the shorter throat/chamber. What do you guys think about that ?

I can't speak for this specific bullet, but I've shot lots of RMR 115 gr and 124 gr plated and jacketed over the last year and half, and I've found they all seem a little on the "chunky" side = short OALs in my SP01.

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »
They're made to be able to be loaded in 9x19, 357 Sig and .38 Super, which is why they have long bearing surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »
That's it !!

Ammo & Hoarding !

Seems legit!

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
Fred,

Did you by chance inquire if these could be loaded to CZ chamber length?  I am curious if they aren't long enough to get to the mechanical limit of the brass.  The bearing surface looks pretty darn long...

anything