Author Topic: Who doI contact (at CZ) with problems with my new Kadet 2 adapter?  (Read 372 times)

Offline kerncat

Got a new Kadet 2 and went through the steps to fit it to my CZ 75b (one in 9mm and one in .40)..did the filing on the 2 "ears" and the adapter fit's both of my CZ's very snug but not too tight....I'm really having problems with the slide stop (the 2 new ones they sent...and also tried the originals from my 9mm and .40)...Can't get the slide stops to go into place without tapping with a plastic hammer and trying to move things around...really frustrating  (the 2 CZ's I am working with have no problems with their slide stops on  the original slides that are on the guns.

Then if the slide stop finally goes it the adapter will not cock the hammer all the way so it won't lock the slide back with the magazine installed...

Finally when I went to take the adapter off (again with both pistols) the slide stop is almost impossible to get out and release the Kadet slide.

I don't know who at CZ or which address to send things to or whom to contact to get things rolling along....I got a feeling something is mis drilled or something....the fact it's not doing the right things on 2 different pistols points to an adapter problem ....or it could be an "operator error"...just stumped.
Thanks

Offline painter

Re: Who doI contact (at CZ) with problems with my new Kadet 2 adapter?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:46:20 PM »
Are you moving the Kadet bolt to the rear, with the hammer cocked, to remove, or install, the slide stop?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:21:08 PM »
How tight is the hole in the Barrel lug ?
Not sure, but it sounds to me that the hole may be too tight, off angle or improperly located
Won't allow the Stop Pin to enter and/or rotate once it is in
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:26:34 PM »
If the answer to Painters question is yes, then sounds like Den has a point. I’d call CZ customer service and go from there. They’ll probably send you a label so you can ship it back to them.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »
There are two positions for inserting the slide stop with a kadet. Make sure you are installing correctly
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline kerncat

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Trying to install the slide stop with the flat part of the end up to match the flat area of the hole it has to go through...I have a number of CZ pistols and they all fit together pretty much the same way...I know when new sometimes they have to 'wear in" to be easy to insert and remove but this doesn't even come close...I can take a really small sewing maching screw driver and sort of wedge it into the front of one of the arms of the slide and kind of wiggle the slide forward and back (talking fractions of an inch) and that is the only way that enough "room" opens up to let the slide stop go into the hole...and at that it's still got to be tapped in with a plastic mallet...no way to push it in....same "drill" when removing it...wiggle the slide back and forth and tap the round tip of the slide stop with a plastic mallet...it will move just a fraction and then it jams up..only way to remove the piece is to get it backed out a fraction of an inch and then drive a plastic "wedge" in and it will pop out.....feels an awful lot like the parts of the hole (each side of the slide adapter and the barrel lug inside) are off enough to be a bad fit...If I were a gambler (and I'm not with a $400 part) I'd gently ream the hole a tiny amount and possibly file the flat spot on the slide stop a bit..but someone else get's the call on that one..I'm about as delicate as a hippo doing the twist.

Offline kerncat

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
Are you moving the Kadet bolt to the rear, with the hammer cocked, to remove, or install, the slide stop?

Part of the issue is that the Kadet bolt will only slide back about half or 2/3 of the way and will not get to the hammer when it is cocked...I'm strong but no way can I get the slide to move back enough without prying or forcing and levering the slide (which I'd never do)...Sumpin's not right

Offline painter

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »

Part of the issue is that the Kadet bolt will only slide back about half or 2/3 of the way and will not get to the hammer when it is cocked...I'm strong but no way can I get the slide to move back enough without prying or forcing and levering the slide (which I'd never do)...Sumpin's not right
It doesn't need to go that far back. There are witness marks on the left side of the Kadet bolt, and the 75 frame. Just line those up just as when you remove, or install the 9mm top end.

If you're already doing that then there is a problem and you need to contact CZ customer service.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline 75Plus

• +9
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »
Try this. Separate the Kadet two major parts and just insert the sliding bolt in the rails so you can observe the way it slides in the frame. Check for any binding all along the normal travel. If this seems to operate normally then move to the slide adapter. With the bolt out you should be able to see what is going on as the slide stop is inserted. Be sure that the barrel lug fits the slot in the frame properly. That is one of the fit points in the manual. If there is any misalignment here it should be obvious.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
75 Plus hit it on the head. By placing the barrel section on without the "bolt" or "slide" you will see clearly if the stop pin is binding. While the barrel assembly is off, try the slide stop in the barrel lug by itself. It should move very easy thru and rotate easy.
When installing any CZ top end, I put the hammer in half cock, then I pull the slide rearward till it touches the hammer, which will be right near the alignment marks. Then I can install the slide stop.

I recently had a heck of a time getting one kit to run, but now that it does, it may be the best one I have.

PS, when I called CZ's warranty department about my Kadet kit, they wanted me to send it in with the host gun. They would not work on the Kadet adapter without the gun.
This gave me the motivation to fix it myself, as I didn't want to send the gun in for up to 6 weeks.

Let us know what you find.

Rich