Author Topic: My New Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Sub-Compact  (Read 612 times)

Offline CPTKILLER

My New Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Sub-Compact
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »
This is my new Springfield-Armory XD Mod.2 .45 ACP Sub-Compact Pistol. I got it as a more powerful pistol than a 9mm with the caveat that it have similar capacity to my H&K P30SK. It seems to fit the bill nicely.

I got a new Black Arch Holster that is breathable with a Kydex shell. The holster is comfortable with the right magazine. In my case, it is the flush magazine.

The flush magazine holds 9 rounds +1 in the tube. The full size magazine or extended magazine holds 13 rounds +1 in the tube.

Spec's:
1. Barrel length 3.3"
2. Overall length 6.5"
3. Height 4.5" with the flush magazine and 5.5" for the full size magazine
4. Grip width 1.20"
5. Weight empty with flush magazine 26 ozs. and full size magazine 27 ozs.

Moving to the firing. Due to time and light, I only fired Winchester white box 230 gr. FMJ. The pistol was 100% reliable. The sights were extremely visible and some of the best that I have fired. From my perspective at a metal target, it was fun to shoot and accurate.

The recoil was a perceived concern in a small and light polymer pistol. The reality was quite different. It was comfortable and easy to use with the revised grip design. I found that follow up shots were quick and easy.
The trigger was also a pleasant surprise. It was better than I expected. It was smooth and easy to use. It certainly contributed to the positive shooting experience.

Disassembly and cleaning was remarkably easy, probably as easy or easier than any pistol I own. It can be disassembled very quickly with no tools. It make pistol maintenance a pleasure.

My goal has been met. It will be my new carry pistol.

Offline ssqman

Re: My New Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Sub-Compact
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »
My son has this exact model. I've fired it a couple hundred rounds. It is bleep comfortable and accurate. I put a Powder River Precision firing pin retaining pin in it for him. If you do a bunch of dry firing consider using a snap cap or just install one of these inexpensive pins. You will like this gun.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline schnee72

Re: My New Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 ACP Sub-Compact
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
When I was looking at a new .45 I shot that model a few times, I ended up getting the 4" service model that has a slightly larger barrel. With the 13 round magazine, it is very similar to the one you got. I considered the subcompact but I liked the sight picture a little better on the bigger version. I have a Shield .45 that I use as my carry gun, so the bigger one fit the bill as home defense weapon perfectly. These guns are awesome to shoot. When mine isn't at the range, it lives in my nightstand.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed owning mine.