Author Topic: Rifle Primers in CZ-75B?  (Read 874 times)

Offline revchuck

Rifle Primers in CZ-75B?
« on: February 04, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
I've been having issues with light strikes in my 2006 75B Tactical (I think that's what it's called - OD frame, black slide).  I just installed the extended firing pin, reduced power FP spring, and 15 lb. hammer spring from CGW in it and took it to the range this afternoon.  Now the firing pin stops just short of piercing the primer and lodging in the flash hole - just the way I like it. :) Seeing that firing pin indent made me think of the case of Federal 205 primers I have that's just gathering dust.  I know that using small rifle primers is common with 1911 race guns shooting 9mm Major.  Has anyone tried it with a -75B?

Thanks!

Offline painter

Re: Rifle Primers in CZ-75B?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »
Why do you like over striking a primer close to the point of piercing it?

Seriously...I don't understand.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline revchuck

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:53:33 PM »
I was being somewhat facetious. :) It's just such a pleasant change from the previous issue.

FWIW, I also ran some Federal 124-grain +P HST (my carry load) through it to make sure it wasn't too much of a good thing, and it's fine.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »
I've not used small rifle primers in a CZ 75B.  I have used them in my P07 .40 S&W.  Lights them off just like small pistol primers.

I've read, on other forums, that some people buy small rifle primers and use them for their .223's (AR15) and 9MM pistols.

Did the "AR15" give the forum away????

I never think about that when I'm buying primers, I end up coming out of the gun show with small pistol and/or small rifle primers, every time.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline revchuck

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
Just a quick follow-up, ran 100 rounds of ammo loaded with Fed 205s through the 75B with no problems.  Since I have a case of them, this is good news. :)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:43 PM »
I don't own a 75, but I shoot rifle primers in several other brands of pistols. As long as you leave the stock hammer spring, rifle primers should not be an issue.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.