Author Topic: Kadet Upper on a 75 Compact lower. Issues? Reliability upgrades?  (Read 208 times)

Offline ClangClang

Kadet Upper on a 75 Compact lower. Issues? Reliability upgrades?
« on: February 06, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
I have the opportunity to trade an unused Trijicon RMR for a like new 75 Compact frame only.  I am planning on using the frame as a dedicated lower for my Kadet upper.

What sort of issues will I run into? Off the top of my head, I know that Kadet mags will protrude kind of far from the grip. I found an old thread where Joe L and others had posted a link to a replacement basepad and shown photos, but it's been 5 years and the link and photos are dead.  Anything else I need to be aware of?

Other question: What sort of trigger upgrades can I perform without compromising reliability. I know I need to stick with at least a 17# mainspring. What upgrades to people recommend which I can do without changing out the mainspring?

Offline 75Plus

• +9
Re: Kadet Upper on a 75 Compact lower. Issues? Reliability upgrades?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:45:50 AM »
For the magazines you need CZ stock #0430377001 base for 10 round Compact Mags. CZ-USA shows them in stock at the moment.

I run a Kadet2 on a compact frame and have no issues when doing so.
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:38:16 PM »
What sort of trigger upgrades can I perform without compromising reliability. I know I need to stick with at least a 17# mainspring. What upgrades to people recommend which I can do without changing out the mainspring?

You can put in a Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring and/or another Trigger with a profile more to your liking.......and oh yes, if you do any work at all on the trigger get the Floating Trigger Pin, its worth its weight in gold, so much easier than the factory pin.  Also just a cursory polishing up of the metal surface to surface areas on all the major moving parts helps as well....;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:44:35 PM by The Guardian »

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:25:13 PM »
As long as you stay with the heavier main spring, you can do any upgrades you want.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

anything