Author Topic: CZ Anniversary Question  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
CZ Anniversary Question
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:04:24 PM »
I have two CZ 40th Anniversary guns and just recently noticed that one says out of 1,000 and the other says out of 500. 

So there?s either a logical explanation, CZ sold them so quickly back in the day that at 500 they decided to go to 1,000, or it?s a fake, or it?s a mistake done by engraver. 

Any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: CZ Anniversary Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
Highly doubt someone would be able to fake a CZ Anniversary. Give CZ a call.

Is it possible the out of 1000 is the 25th Anniversary? What does the slide say?

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
neither of those are the recent 40th Anniversary model.......without a full photo its hard to say but they do look like the 25th model.......CZ has done "extensions" on models in the past the previous one I know about was the Cold War Commemorative, first it was only a 1000 with a CCCPxxxx (0001-1000) serial # w/black sickle......sold really well then a second 1000 with CCCPxxxx (1001-2000) w/red sickle.....then some without the "CCCP" prefix in the serial #.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 12:14:02 AM »
Highly doubt someone would be able to fake a CZ Anniversary. Give CZ a call.

Is it possible the out of 1000 is the 25th Anniversary? What does the slide say?

I meant 25th Anniversary. 

Apologies.

Offline Droopy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:21 AM »
neither of those are the recent 40th Anniversary model.......without a full photo its hard to say but they do look like the 25th model.......CZ has done "extensions" on models in the past the previous one I know about was the Cold War Commemorative, first it was only a 1000 with a CCCPxxxx (0001-1000) serial # w/black sickle......sold really well then a second 1000 with CCCPxxxx (1001-2000) w/red sickle.....then some without the "CCCP" prefix in the serial #.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of numbering something like that? If they're just gonna add more to it if it sells good I would think it would also devalue the ones originally sold or am I wrong?

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »
There are several 25th anniversary sets of 1000 and 500. Difference is usually the grips being different.  Wanna sell one? One of only 2 sellers remorse guns I sold. Other was a pristine 83 in .32.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 11:00:05 PM »

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of numbering something like that? If they're just gonna add more to it if it sells good I would think it would also devalue the ones originally sold or am I wrong?

Agreed.  It wouldn?t seem like something CZ would do, that?s why I am confused. 

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
There are several 25th anniversary sets of 1000 and 500. Difference is usually the grips being different.  Wanna sell one? One of only 2 sellers remorse guns I sold. Other was a pristine 83 in .32.

I?ll look grips tomorrow and lost pics. 

As for selling, I?m gonna hold on to them right now thanks.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=cz+25th+anniversary+pistol&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl4Nm83pnZAhWCgVQKHRkyCfQQ_AUICygC&biw=1680&bih=885

check out the images. easy to find different versions.  Mine where one with the mother of pearl and the other was just the scrollwork. I believe the one with just scroll work came in both a 500 run and a 1000 run.

Kind of like buying cast metal collector vehicles. The 67 Corvettes are 1 of 2500 but they don't tell you there is one in 6 colors, one in each engine that was available (main diif is radio antenna not being on the big block radio delete so there are a LOT of them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:14:47 PM by larryflew »

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline Droopy

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 06:18:41 PM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=cz+25th+anniversary+pistol&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl4Nm83pnZAhWCgVQKHRkyCfQQ_AUICygC&biw=1680&bih=885

check out the images. easy to find different versions.  Mine where one with the mother of pearl and the other was just the scrollwork. I believe the one with just scroll work came in both a 500 run and a 1000 run.

Kind of like buying cast metal collector vehicles. The 67 Corvettes are 1 of 2500 but they don't tell you there is one in 6 colors, one in each engine that was available (main diif is radio antenna not being on the big block radio delete so there are a LOT of them.

So once again why am I the only one willing to be devil's advocate here and say that this sounds just a bit shady or atleast slightly deceitful?

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
I disagree with "slightly" but other than the...............

Of course they would call it marketing.

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70