Author Topic: CZ 83 grips  (Read 19412 times)

bonj

Re: CZ 83 grips
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »
I just bought a set for my CZ 83 from czechoslovakia_1  on Ebay. I'll let you know if these are actually ORIGINAL as advertised.

Offline Kleab

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 02:02:01 AM »
Setting price aside, is there a website that sells good looking wood grips for the 83 that are typically in stock? Somewhere with a high reputation for making grips that will fit without modification?

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
Setting price aside, is there a website that sells good looking wood grips for the 83 that are typically in stock? Somewhere with a high reputation for making grips that will fit without modification?

Here ya go...  http://www.klinsky.cz/

Offline Psyop96

CZ 83 grips
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 04:29:34 AM »
Just some FYIs - Klinsky has an ?anatom? version that is a thicker grip (I like them for two-handed hold). I would say there?s a high probability you won?t encounter any fitting issues. They still might not accept credit cards but use bank transfers or PayPal (usually not a good exchange rate). I use a service like TransferWise to get the best rate and fees for international bank transfers.

(L-R) - Marschal (Zebrawood); Grips4u (needed lots of internal sanding...very tight for inserting and removing magazines); Klinsky anatom. Personal preference ranking...Marschal, Klinsky. Not a fan of Grips4u design...besides the magazine issue, the Grips4u has a shape at the bottom front that doesn?t flow with the frame and makes for a slightly sharp edge.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:44:12 AM by Psyop96 »

Offline ulmapache

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
[Just some FYIs - Klinsky has an ?anatom? version that is a thicker grip (I like them for two-handed hold). I would say there?s a high probability you won?t encounter any fitting issues. They still might not accept credit cards but use bank transfers or PayPal (usually not a good exchange rate). I use a service like TransferWise to get the best rate and fees for international bank transfers. ]

Re:exchange rates...when I bought the grips for my '70, I checked the going rates, and when the transaction went thru, the rates were the same...pretty much what you would find anywhere else...maybe I was lucky that day... BTW...nice looking collection!!

My '70 with the Klinsky grips, they fit like a glove right out of then package...

https://imgur.com/fp8xQwc
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:41:45 AM by ulmapache »

Offline Oldwolf

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 10:04:00 AM »
FWIW..I ordered a set of walnut grips for my 83 from CZ...had to sand the inside a bit to get the mag to drop free...but other than that, perfect fit and finish... The Klinskys for the CZ 70 had no issues at all...went right on just like OEM..

Has anyone else tried the CZ OEM walnut grips?

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19109_Walnut-Checkered-Grips-83
SP-01 Shadow Target Custom
75 SA

Offline Al W.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 10:23:37 AM »
I bought a set of grips from an eBay seller that were removed from a commercial  model CZ83 for my 88" milsurp 83 on which the grips were beat up.
What I noticed when the grips arrived what that the frame must have been modified during the course of the production run at CZ. So the angles of the frame where the grip contacts the pistol in the area of the safety  need to be properly contoured for the frame.
It seems that grip fit  will vary depending  on year of manufacture as they clearly  are not the same.
So if your buying after market grips make sure that they are appropriate for your production era.
I modified my grips  and they now fit my milsurp gun perfectly. I have all the correct tools . I'm an instrument tech. So its not some huge deal for me.
I like the stock black plastic grips. I'm OK with that ...
Took about 20 minutes .

Offline DUTCH VanAtlanta

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
Just put on the Walnut Checkered Grips from the Shop.cz-usa.com webstore.  They fit very well.  While not as pretty as those from Marschal, they do dress it up.

As an aside, the recommended grip inserts are NLA, but I used 1/4 x 1/8 x 1/16 #60 o-rings at the suggestion of the webstore manager instead.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:40:57 AM by DUTCH VanAtlanta »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
CZ 83 Stainless .380

Offline RustedinKY

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »
FWIW..I ordered a set of walnut grips for my 83 from CZ...had to sand the inside a bit to get the mag to drop free...but other than that, perfect fit and finish... The Klinskys for the CZ 70 had no issues at all...went right on just like OEM..

I have them and they look good ( at least to me!) I may have given them a light sanding, but not sure. No mag issues.

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 03:41:18 AM »
My grips are worn pretty smooth and not easy to hold on to. I thought about the grip tape, bed liner paint, sand blasting etc. but would prefer something close to "original"

My 82/83 grips are not worn smooth, but there are few substances more slippery than Czech black plastic.  I applied two coats of truckbed liner to all three sets of grips and I like the result.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

bonj

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 06:40:58 PM »
I have a new original set of CZ-82 / 83 GRIPs from Czech that I could sell for $20.

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »

I really like the original wooden grips.   Mine are original to the gun, but look the same as those you linked.   It does not constantly drop magazines free, O-rings I think will fix this or the magazines that came with it may be suspect.  If a PPK and a CZ-75 had a baby, this would be it.   
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 07:59:30 PM by CrazyDave »

Offline dtomp

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2019, 11:05:45 AM »
The guy I mentioned in 82 parts might be able to get new factory grips. I also saw some custom grips on www.grips4u.net. Hope this helps

Offline 8675309

• BANNED
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
I'm happy with the ebay grips. I'm not running around doing drills & it lives in my nightstand all dressed up.

What do you want for 20 bucks ?

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 02:40:20 PM »
As long as you're happy with them, that's all that counts.