Author Topic: Red Dot effectivness for LEO -4 year study by Sage Dynamics  (Read 571 times)

Offline The Guardian

• Life's too short for anything other than a CZ....
Re: Red Dot effectivness for LEO -4 year study by Sage Dynamics
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »
IMHO fiber optic sights are kind of a "middle of the road" option in between irons and RDS, the better qualities of both and my personal preference all things considered......just felt like I "needed" to toss this into the fray  ??? (don't hurt me too bad  ;D )
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:58:48 PM by The Guardian »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." — John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976)

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:36 PM »
I had just decided recently that my next handgun was just going to get my P01 milled & fitted. I still have the 75 Matte for iron shooting. Double the pleasure/double the fun...

By the way, nice read...

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 09:34:28 PM »
IMHO fiber optic sights are kind of a "middle of the road" option in between irons and RDS, the better qualities of both and my personal preference all things considered......just felt like I "needed" to toss this into the fray  ??? (don't hurt me too bad  ;D )

Better iron sights is a step in the right direction.  I just added TFX Pro sights on my P-01. They're both fiber optic for daytime; with tritium behind the FO for low light conditions at night. Big improvement over factory sights. I'm also trying XS Sights 'Big Dots' on my RAMI.  My eye sight ain't what it used to be, so anything that will give me faster acquisition on target in a defensive handgun is a plus.

However, I understand the financial limitations of agencies adopting significantly more expensive sight systems.  The TFX Pro sights only cost about $120 so that's probably more realistic.

Having BOTH FO/Tritium Co-witness sights AND a good RDS is my ultimate preference.  But that's JMO.

"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »
I had just decided recently that my next handgun was just going to get my P01 milled & fitted. I still have the 75 Matte for iron shooting. Double the pleasure/double the fun...

By the way, nice read...

Yeah, I wouldn't have the heart to mill that  beautiful 75 Matte, so TWO guns is the ideal solution.  O0
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline 1down

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
I have a couple red dots.  Don't really care for them much.  Not even sure they are better than the iron sights.

Now a laser I can get behind!

Offline cremaley

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 05:42:28 PM »
Definitely takes some getting use to. Helps to have co-witness sights. Once you master thought it make for very accurate shooting.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm