Author Topic: First time at the new range, new 75B and Kadet kit...  (Read 266 times)

Offline Rek

First time at the new range, new 75B and Kadet kit...
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:26 PM »
Joined up with a shooting club and had the range to myself this afternoon, nice out-doors place with a clubhouse, rifle house with a wood stove (still a little warm), 25 yard pistol range with just a roof, trap range and some cowboy action shooting and other stuff for good measure.  The drive out and back are beautiful and I know I'll have a good, satisfying time with that group.  Its in the blue ridge mountains near a little place called Vesuvius, and its cool this time of year so I didn't stay too long.

I had a chance to shoot my new CZ 75B and the 22 Kadet conversion I got with it, and my thumbs are still a little tender from the lack of a mag loader, so I'll get a modded magula:)

I have the anatomic grips and they work fine for the kadet, though I think I'll give the rubber grips a try and see how they work with the 9. 

So easy to swap out the kadet and go back the the 9mm, and then put the Kadet back on... then put on the 9 again! I swapped them out a few times for fun, its cake!  Kadet is as accurate as everyone says.  Didn't shoot the 9 very well.  I thought I wouldn't like the trigger from the way it felt dry firing, but live fire is totally different. 

I enjoyed as much of it as I could stand and locked the gate behind me when I left.

So, a great successful day of firsts at the range!!

Offline Joe L

Re: First time at the new range, new 75B and Kadet kit...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 07:10:02 AM »
Rek, sounds like a great day with the new setup.  My Kadet is still my favorite target pistol. 

Agree that the 9mm slide makes the frame and trigger feel different.  Last week I shot a bullseye match with the 9mm and Kadet slides.  My particular 9mm slide had a very sloppy barrel bushing that was remedied with a CGW 10x bushing.  Before that, I couldn't shoot the 9mm in a match.  When I actually started shooting the 9mm slide I had to heavy up my light trigger that worked fine with the .22 slide.  Fortunately for me, heavying up the trigger pull didn't affect the .22 shooting at all. 

It's a great combination for a range gun.  It's good for a bullseye match gun too, but I'm going back to the CZ-97 for matches and keep the Kadet slide on the 75B frame for this year. 

Another thing, the all metal Kadet and magazines will last forever.  I have close to 50k rounds through mine now.  And only a few thousand through the 9mm. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline baldrage

Re: First time at the new range, new 75B and Kadet kit...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
Enjoy!  My kadet has paid for itself in terms of savings over shooting 9mm several times over.

my thumbs are still a little tender from the lack of a mag loader, so I'll get a modded magula:)

Don't wuss out!  Keep handloading those Kadet mags and soon you will develop giant calluses on your thumbs that you can use to drive nails through lumber and break cement blocks with!   ;D

anything