Author Topic: Tristar out of the box trigger  (Read 1242 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

Tristar out of the box trigger
« on: February 10, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
So I have several CZ pistols and stumbled on a used but unfired Tristar P-120 in a local shop for $325 out the door. Guy bought it, failed the NICS check so it never left the shop.

Anyway, the out of the box trigger smokes any out of the box trigger on my CZ models. Is this the norm? I was hoping to pick up a compact CZ but may go with Tristar if this is how they compare.

Anyone else experience this?

Offline Farmerbob

Re: Tristar out of the box trigger
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »
My S-120 also has a very nice trigger 4.5 lbs and crisp. I did do a little smoothing when I first got it. I much prefer it over my friends CZ 75B. So does he! I believe the Tristar Canik pistols are one of the best bargains out there.

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:29:12 PM »
Heck of a deal you got! I have a P-100. I have to admit, out of the box, the trigger wasn't really all that. Not bad, just about what I expected from a medium priced gun. However, the more I shot it, the better it got. Now, after break in, there really is nothing I would do to improve it. Too my tastes, it is an absolutely perfect trigger. The gun is also superbly accurate. I wouldn't mind having a CZ, but I wouldn't trade my P-100 straight up for one. It is my EDC, and will probably remain so.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:59:26 PM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

Offline tim.garoutte

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »
I purchased a T-120 right after Thanksgiving and have had it out several times since. The trigger is a tad worse than an out of the box new CZ. It doesn't help that I've shot it along side my other CZs that have had trigger work (or are Shadow 2s). I think with some CGW parts and some agressive polishing/stoning it will be similar to some of my other CZs.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:00:41 PM »
So I have several CZ pistols and stumbled on a used but unfired Tristar P-120 in a local shop for $325 out the door. Guy bought it, failed the NICS check so it never left the shop.

Anyway, the out of the box trigger smokes any out of the box trigger on my CZ models. Is this the norm? I was hoping to pick up a compact CZ but may go with Tristar if this is how they compare.

Anyone else experience this?
Yep.
The Tristar was better quality all around compared to every CZ I've seen other than a 99021
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:37:03 PM by Underwhere »

Offline CZATC

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 08:18:54 PM »
I was very impressed with my c100 trigger out of the box in single action. Very smooth and clean. The double action incredibly heavy. Then a CGW spring pack arrived and it's nice now. They clean up nice when you shoot them or if you put a little time in polishing.

The reset seemed longer to me than my sp01 but was not as gritty out of the box. Double action was good once the new spring was introduced but I did have a trigger bar spring that was not even contacting the bar on one side giving it a funny reset feel. Adjusted the tension and all is well.

I think they are very good for the money and out the box, as with all things mechanical some specimens better than average some worse.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

CZ 75 SP01-bone stock....CGW bushing and 85 trigger in parts box waiting
TriStar C100 Tungsten Cerakote-CGW kit upon reintroduction :)

Offline BannorXL

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:12:46 PM »
My C100 is better than y 75B.  Reach is a bit too long but it's smoother w/ a crisp break. You should get it.

Moken

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 11:24:48 AM »
I love the trigger on my P120. So much it's on my hip as we type.

anything