Author Topic: Any issues using with the Scorpion for left handed users  (Read 4306 times)

Offline AUTIGERS98

Any issues using with the Scorpion for left handed users
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:05:17 AM »
I am interested in getting a Scorpion pistol with a brace.  I have read a lot of forum post and seen videos of what parts people change out to make it better. 
Being LH and I am used to having to adapt to a gun because most firearm manufactures just don?t think about LH users or are just now starting to think about them in the initial design.

I have noticed the part that almost everyone changes out is the safety lever because of the poor ergonomics.  The possible options I have seen is either the AK style, a redesigned style similar to the current one or a ?blanked out? style.  What I am finding out is practically all of the safety lever replacements are for the RHS of the gun.  The only one I have found for the LHS is from APEX tactical.  Does found any others for the LHS?

As for the brace, I plan on using a M4 style with buffer tube that will not fold (i.e. Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 2).  The reason is I plan on adding a sling to the pistol.  Being left handed, the firearm will hang differently than for a right handed person.  With a folding brace, it will fold against my body compared to a right handed person (where it will fold away from their body.  To me this would be awkward in trying to unfold the brace and use it.

I know most guns have some quirks that only LH people experience.  Are there any others for the scorpion?

Thanks.

Offline greyling22

Re: Any issues using with the Scorpion for left handed users
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
I use my carbine left handed. I swapped the charging handle to the right side and replaced the grip with both the Apex and pakse grips. Both of those grips changed the angle to where the safety's did not dig into my hands and did not need to be changed. But, I believe hbi has akxlevers for both sides.

As far as folding goes, have you checked out these guys http://www.max-11.com  they do left and right side folding stocks and braces. Prices seem pretty fair.

Offline AUTIGERS98

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:40:45 AM »
Thanks for the info on the LH folding brace.  I will keep that in mind.

Offline Crawl

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
I'm sure you can find a lefty on YouTube shooting a Scorpion, I'd start there.

Regarding the folding brace, I don't think it is useful to have the brace folded while carrying a Scorpion on a Sling. I personally would recommend not considering the side the brace folds on unless you intend to SHOOT the pistol with the brace folded. I never have my Scorpion out without unfolding the brace.

Bonus thoughts regarding the pistol braces:

I'm a little over 6 feet tall, and my length of pull is a little longer than average. So, the Tailhook brace, attached to the standard Scorpion folding arm, was too short for my preference.

The SBTEVO is still too short, but it is my preference over the Tailhook or an AR buffer tube with a sig brace.

I like he standard CZ folding arm because it's geometry allows the shooter to slide his face forward in order to raise his line of sight. However, I haven't found a brace long enough for my length of pull.

I like the AR buffer tube because it balances the firearm well. Unfortunately the cheek weld doesn't place my line of sight in the right place.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Offline rcbif

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »
Lefty Bonus - the bolt release on the scorpion is perfectly activated with your trigger finger without shifting grip.

The scorpion is even more lefty friendly than an AR15. I have a foldi g stock on mine, but I'm a range go-er and will likely never sling or carry mine so it does not bother me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:27:02 PM by rcbif »

Offline hyrysc

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:33 PM »
Lefty here, I love the Scorpion (SBR, sucks as a pistol)!  No issues at all.  One of my favorite firearms that I own.  Pretty much always goes to the range with me no matter what else is in tow.

Offline Cudruln

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:20 PM »
Pretty sure I have seen the ak mini safety for the left side. Matter of fact there are options

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-mini-ak-style-safety-selectors/

Offline rockfish77

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
Left side safety from HBI works great!
I still use the stock right side to disengage safety with my left thumb and use the left safety lever to re-engage with my trigger finger.
You can also do both with your trigger finger with their left side lever.

anything