Author Topic: CZ-USA Shipping Prices.. What gives?  (Read 2593 times)

Offline ThunderOne

CZ-USA Shipping Prices.. What gives?
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:34:09 PM »
I'm attempting to order 5 VERY tiny parts for my PCR, and CZ USA is quoting $7.27 to ship my $13.30 worth of parts.  What gives?  Why is there no USPS First Class Mail option? 
If I only order a slide stop spring pin, guess how much shipping is then?  Still $7.27. 

Wtf?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:39:44 PM by ThunderOne »

Offline thedude

Re: CZ-USA Shipping Prices.. What gives?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:48:22 PM »
It's not my favorite saying, but it is what it is.  I would suggest you order a couple more things and then the shipping charge won't seem as pricey, you could even buy something for me!  8)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:36 PM »
CGW has slightly cheaper shipping, but I usually end up buying a hammer or something else while I'm there. So much for saving money.  O0

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »
This stuff used to really get to me too......I order a lot of parts annually, sometimes it just a small inexpensive thing and the shipping is 2-3x the cost of the item.....but then again, I don't have access to the parts any other way....whatcha gonna do  ::)

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:57:11 PM »
They are all same, when it comes to shipping.
I placed the order with CGW with one small part. 8 bucks shipping. The very same evening (it was Sunday) I wanted to add the item to my order. I sent them email explaining what I want (for Monday morning), 15 minutes later I got email back from one of the guys from CGW - PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS !!!!!!!~ OUR SALES ARE FINAL !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, man I am so sorry. I understand that you are freakin gun geniuses and I am so sorry that I offended you and didn't realize that your freaking sales are final ! Please don't feel so offended Mr. Gun Doctor. 
Long story short, another order (WITH ANOTHER 8 BUCKS FOR SHIPPING) solved the problem.

Offline snakeye

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 01:44:49 AM »
Shipping use to be a breakeven side of a business primarily for the customer....but now the shipping/handling division is now a profit center primarily for the companies bottom line.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:05:31 AM »
This is just how it is and I'm no fan of it either but I doubt they are making much profit on a 7.27 shipping charge. The REAL issue is that's for UPS mail innovations shipping and that's a rip off when they could put it in a small flat rate box and ship it anyplace in the country for the same price and it would arrive in 2-3 days vs 5-15 depending on your location.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:11 AM »
The sales tax is lame too....

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »
The sales tax is lame too....

You can thank the un-American leeches in government for that.

Offline zormpas

• Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
    • Zorba, "The Veiled Male"
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
Over priced shipping is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. When you see $8 for shipping something that would fit in an envelope, you can be pretty sure they're shipping UPS - which is a rip-off for little items, its not their (UPS's) business.

Or the idiots that insist on shipping friggin PRIORITY MAIL and bleep the cost. I'm holding off on purchasing a newly released book that has been years in the making because of this. The book is already $100, then they want to charge me $20 to ship it PRIORITY - when it would cost under $5 to ship it MEDIA MAIL. I shipped several rather large boxes of books from California to Georgia recently for $20 per box, and these idiots want to insult my intelligence by charging me $20 to ship ONE BOOK?

I'll just wait - it'll be available elsewhere soon enough, and yes I did tell them what I thought of their shipping charges!

Offline TheMO

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 05:34:05 PM »
Unfortunately this is the price of doing business online.  Postage plays a part, as does the packaging.  Flat rate, minimum shipping fees and less options, are likely in place to streamline order fulfillment for the vendor. 

I take the shipping cost with a grain of salt and consider it, usually, a small price to pay for the convenience of acquiring an otherwise hard to get item on the local market.

Offline Sacred-Avenger

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
I definitely agree that high shipping cost for small items drives me crazy as well. In fact, I?m waiting to save up enough money to buy multiple parts at once, when I would much prefer to buy some parts now.

On the other hand, we could have it as bad as other parts of the world where a substantial amount of the time, the mail doesn?t even show up...

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 06:38:24 PM »
I was going to try a $20 holster until at check out showed shipping of $7 to $8.   They still have their holster.

Offline snakeye

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 11:44:27 PM »
I doubt they are making much profit on a 7.27 shipping charge.

Try ordering a trigger or a recoil spring and they want 9.95 shipping for something that can be placed in a small envelope and mailed. Numrich and Midway are making a fortune everyday doing this

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 05:09:23 AM »
I doubt they are making much profit on a 7.27 shipping charge.

Try ordering a trigger or a recoil spring and they want 9.95 shipping for something that can be placed in a small envelope and mailed. Numrich and Midway are making a fortune everyday doing this

Read my post above in it's entire context. I don't disagree and for the price they could mail priority and have it to the customer in half the time. By the way they do put small items like that in an envelope but if you are talking a small letter type envelope you are just asking for a high rate of lost or damaged items.
We also should keep in mind they do have to purchase many of the packing materials and someone has to take the time to pack these items up.
The simple fact is this is what we get with internet based trade,like it or not and you run into shipping charges like this across the board.

anything