Author Topic: P-10-C Trigger (and other parts) In Production  (Read 6613 times)

Offline schmeky

P-10-C Trigger (and other parts) In Production
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:37:41 PM »
After many revisions, the CGW P-10-C trigger is in production.  It's quite different, so here is a brief synopsis of the new trigger:

Material - aluminum, fully CNC machined and will be hard anodized in black on the first runs, other colors will follow.  We are also entertaining the idea of offering mix and match triggers and pivots of various colors.  The trigger will display the type of quality to attention and craftsmanship CGW parts are known for.

Features - the pivot is unique having a right angle cut into the rear of the pivot.  This feature positively limits the pivots position and also limits the amount of "depression" needed for the pivot.  This unique design also makes the trigger reset in only 2.5 mm.  Internally there is a 3 x 6 mm alloy steel set screw with VC-3 applied to the threads.  This is only visible and accessible with the slide removed and CGW will supply a ball-end, long hex wrench if the customer wants to remove additional pre-travel.  This will allow the owner to custom tune the trigger to the individual P-10-C.  The VC-3 will not allow any additional movement of the alloy set screw, even when multiple adjustments are performed.

Reset and Travel - the trigger will operate with an ultra-short travel and will reduce pre-travel and over-total travel to a bare minimum

CGW will preset the adjustment so the trigger will always drop in.  The trigger in the pic is a pre-production prototype and shows grooves around the outside of the trigger which will not be present on the production trigger.  The production trigger will also be slightly longer and be closer to the bottom of the trigger guard.

The face is broad, smooth, and the edges have generous radii.  The face of the trigger will be glass beaded to provide a non-slip, secure purchase for the trigger finger.  The pivot is also very wide and it too has it's own special radii.  These combined radii make for a supremely comfortable trigger.  It feels amazing and it will provide all day shooting comfort. 

The triggers gentle radius on the trigger face will consistently "center" the shooters finger, helping to produce a more consistent trigger pull.  Just as important, the trigger looks right and will greatly enhance the lines of the P-10-C.

We will back this with our Life Time warranty, even if it wears out.  We should have these in stock, initially in limited quantities, before the end of February 2018.  Pricing will be $68.00.

This pic shows the right angle on the pivot:

Pic of the trigger at full extension:

Pic of the trigger at full compression:

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:29:24 PM by schmeky »

Offline Earl Keese

Re: P-10-C Trigger (and other parts) In Production
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:44:55 PM »
That looks great!

Offline schmeky

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:58:02 PM »
We have special ordered new, heavy-duty, coiled spring pins to replace the standard duty pins installed at factory.  These heavy-duty pins are manufactured by Spirol, the industry leader in coiled spring pins.

We will have them available in 2.5 mm x 26 mm (will require 2) for the rear housing and 3.5 mm x 26 mm (will require 1) for the center trigger housing.   

Offline scottygrape

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:17:42 PM »
looks awesome David!  Will you guys be offering reduced power striker springs with this?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
Is the short reset sleeve in production as well? Will it be available with the trigger?

Offline mastaking

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:05 PM »
Looks great.

Will this help get rid of grittiness? Or will it change the weight of the trigger pull in any way?

Offline schmeky

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
The grittiness is mostly in the striker.  Check our tool steel striker.

Offline rch024

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »
We have special ordered new, heavy-duty, coiled spring pins to replace the standard duty pins installed at factory.  These heavy-duty pins are manufactured by Spirol, the industry leader in coiled spring pins.

We will have them available in 2.5 mm x 26 mm (will require 2) for the rear housing and 3.5 mm x 26 mm (will require 1) for the center trigger housing.

As excited as I am for the trigger, I'm almost as excited about these pins.  Not sure if I was using the wrong size roll pin punches, or if I just lacked the patience/dexterity to put them back in properly, but I mangled mine up pretty good when I installed the HBI trigger.  Hopefully these will be available by the time the trigger hits the website!

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »
Awesome!
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline StealthyTX

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
Does this new trigger get rid of the trigger bite I've been reading about as well? Frankly that is the #1,2 & 3 reasons I have not bought a P-10C yet.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 04:00:49 PM »
The triggers look really good David.  I just put a pair of strikers in my P10s and will be doing the triggers next.  The striker does clean up any grittiness felt in the trigger.

Offline incogneato

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »
OH.YEAH!!! ;D

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 08:16:56 PM »
Is the short reset sleeve in production as well? Will it be available with the trigger?
Hey Schmeky, any word on this part? Will it ship with the trigger or separately at a later date?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
Schmeky, does the end of February still look like the end of February? :-)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 08:25:56 PM »
Hey Schmeky, any word on this part? Will it ship with the trigger or separately at a later date?
How bout an update on this one too?

anything