Author Topic: Primary Machine P-10c Review  (Read 270 times)

Offline Chaucer22

Primary Machine P-10c Review
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:07 PM »
Reporting in on some recent work done to my carry gun.

LEAD-TIME: I had Primary Machine mill and install a Delta Point Pro on my P-10c as well as cerakote. I chose the absolute worst time possible because the day I sent it in, P.M. posted on their instagram that they were snowed in and would delay all orders. A week later, they posted that they were headed to SHOT show and would not be filling orders. Terrible luck. All in all, I mailed my slide on January 15th and recieved it on February 9th, so even with circumstances I can't complain on turn-around time.

**** Five out of Five stars

WORKMANSHIP: I have no complaints with the cerakote job. Looks excellent. I wanted a subtle battleworn look, graphite black on tungsten. Itnis exactly what I wanted Yes, I still live in 2015 and think battleworn is cool.

One small issue is that having two coats seems to be just too thick on the ejection port. My barrel needed to be forced back in and while racking the slide, there was a tactile catch in the function due to the barrel not wanting to tilt out of slide and sticking. About two dozen aggressive slide racks by hand solved that issue and I am sure will be no problem at all in a couple hundred rounds. Just something worth pointing out.

The mill job feels absolutely rock solid. Nice and clean finish. Will update at 500 rds to report durability and any zero shift.

I will point out that they seemed to have marred my rear sight. Not sure if it was a clamp or was just dropped, but there is noticeable marks as shown on the photo. This is not what I would consider a "deal-breaker," however as a person who works in a customer service field, if I knew something like that happened and was clearly my team's fault, I would've offered compensation or replacement.

**** Four out of Five stars.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: Very little communication needed, so not a ton to review here. Had no issues whatsoever. They were timely and professional. Shipped my slide back in good packaging. Even returned my foam cut-out that I used to send the Leupold DPP.
One thing I will comment is that I chose the option to have the optic in front of the rear sight. In hindsight, I definitely would've paid the extra to have their suppressor height sights and wouldve put the iron sight in front of the optic. I am very new to the carry-rds world, so I will take that lesson learned.

*****Five out of Five stars.

What I will suggest is that they put a disclaimer on their website when choosing the optic placement option. Just as a courtesy to others, if you choose the option to have the optic in front of the rear sight, this will almost certainly ruin any compatibility with most holster makes. Industry standard does not take into account how far forward the optic will be in the configuration. Black Rhino Concealment helped me out and cut me a custom fit holster when I called Rob up with my problem. He sorted me out that same-day. I have another holster coming in from TRex Arms, and woll report whether it is an issue with their optic-cut holster. I emailed them about it and sent photos but they feel confident it won't be an issue.

Overall I am happy with my order, although I would do it differently if I did it again.

After a couple months of carrying and running her through range drills, I will most likely post an AAR with an overall review of the setup itself. I have a concealment pistol combat course in May that I will hopefully run this through as well with Varg Freeborn. Thanks for reading to the end.
More info to come, stay tuned.

--Chaucer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline Kenneth

Re: Primary Machine P-10c Review
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
I think they should just remove the rear sight and then mill in a new straight ledge for a Glock style sight.

Looking forward to hearing your experience as you shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:03:26 AM »
I think they should just remove the rear sight and then mill in a new straight ledge for a Glock style sight.

That is an option. OP just chose not to do so.

Offline Mccian

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »
Looks like good work, thanks for posting.
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline cremaley

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »
Very nice. Thanks for posting.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »
Your sight isn’t marred. It’s simply aluminum transfer from the punches we use. It will wipe away easily with oil and a cloth rag. At least that’s what it looks like judging from my phone pic while walking thru Magic Kingdom at Disneyworld. ;)

If not email the shop and we’ll get you a replacement if you want it. Most people don’t keep them anyway since they’re useless with the optic. We just put them back on the slide so they don’t get lost in transit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:43:28 PM by Raining_Brass »

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:40:17 PM »

As someone said, that has been an option we’ve offered since day 1 for these slides.

Offline Chaucer22

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Yes, I didnt think it a big deal at the time but 100% wish I had. The optic is too low while carrying and   needs to either be below the belt line or the holster needs a higher ride height. 100% my fault.

Also, sent better photos in of the damage. Ryan Vining agreed that they were clearly chipped and marred. He offered to replace for free. Good service all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk