Author Topic: DPM Recoil Reduction System  (Read 371 times)

Offline unionman

DPM Recoil Reduction System
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:36:29 PM »
I just learned about this and they offer it for many firearms; including CZ and Sphinx.  Anyone have any experience with it?  thanks.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: DPM Recoil Reduction System
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »
Most of the reviews I have seen or read have been positive.  I have recently purchased the DPM Recoil Reduction Systems for my Steyr L9A1 and S&W SW9VE, but have yet to make it to the Range with them, so I can't comment on them as yet.

In the past, I have used the Sprinco 10mm Witness Recoil Reducer for my Witness .45 Super Conversion, with excellent results.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
I drank the Kool-Aid and was okay with the taste  ;D  I got a "system" for my Phantom.......installed it, shot it and overall liked the dampened jolt of the recoil.....that's the good news.   The downside is the cost compared to amount of change in recoil dampening, on that note I wasn't impressed.  For $100 I'm not sure the end effect was worth the cost, pretty confident most everyone will say it did dampen recoil, how much is a bit subjective....though you can "feel" it, but for me it isn't a must have given the cost after trying it. If you have some extra cash and want to give it a try, why not.   
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:56:34 PM by The Guardian »

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:01:24 PM »
I think a polymer guide rod with an incorporated "shok-buff" base would give pretty much the same result based on my experience with 1911's.  Or even a "shok-buff" type pad that could be put on a stainless or polymer guide rod.......I know they used to exist for CZ's but not sure if they are produced anymore......certainly would be much less expensive $1 each maybe
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:33:06 AM by The Guardian »

Offline HST

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »
I use a Springco in my 85B and i like it alot . Will get one for my 75 SAO next .
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
G 43
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline unionman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
Thanks!  That's the kind of info I was looking for!

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
Had one installed on my Glock 43 and could really tell the difference in recoil over the stock spring.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

anything