Author Topic: Picked up a "TSB"!  (Read 5700 times)

Offline MoRivera

Re: Picked up a "TSB"!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
On my wish list myself MO.....
What is your thumb safety like?  Mine is quite stiff.  As far as I can tell I associate that with the hammer spring being a heavy 18-20 lb unit...a la, the extra hammer pressure on the sear is pushing down the leg of the sear spring harder on the shaft of the safety.  The reason being that when the pistol is at half cock, with less spring compression, the safety clicks on and off considerably more easily than when at full cock.  And the thumb safety on my Shadow 2 is quite easy to engage/disengage (13# hammer spring in that).  This is either with the stock safety lever on the TSB or a replacement Shadow 2 safety lever.  I even polished it up.

It was the same when I was checking out a regular Tac Sport in a gun shop, but then I tried a friend's regular Tactical Sport just last night....he didn't change any factory springs and his was nice and easy like my Shadow.  Maybe it just worked itself in after a lot of shooting?

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
With an Armory Craft aluminum trigger.....

Much nicer feel overall, better little 'wall' to the break, and I can feel the reset a bit better.  And no flex.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:53:43 PM by MoRivera »

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
On my wish list myself MO.....
What is your thumb safety like?  Mine is quite stiff.  As far as I can tell I associate that with the hammer spring being a heavy 18-20 lb unit...a la, the extra hammer pressure on the sear is pushing down the leg of the sear spring harder on the shaft of the safety.  The reason being that when the pistol is at half cock, with less spring compression, the safety clicks on and off considerably more easily than when at full cock.  And the thumb safety on my Shadow 2 is quite easy to engage/disengage (13# hammer spring in that).  This is either with the stock safety lever on the TSB or a replacement Shadow 2 safety lever.  I even polished it up.

It was the same when I was checking out a regular Tac Sport in a gun shop, but then I tried a friend's regular Tactical Sport just last night....he didn't change any factory springs and his was nice and easy like my Shadow.  Maybe it just worked itself in after a lot of shooting?

Solved this by lightly sanding down (high-grit taped to a popsicle stick) and polishing the lug on the safety that engages/blocks the leg on the sear on the left top side.  Now it feels perfect.  Definite click on both engagement and disengagement, but not stiff so it's not as easily missed or not pressed hard enough at speed.

(random photo to show location):

That rear edge is where it was 'catching' the most on the sear leg's bottom edge.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:31:55 AM by MoRivera »

Offline Hammerd

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »
Like the trigger will ordering one myself. My safety feels fine will do some polishing on mine just to see the difference. I put a 13# hammer spring in mine also changed recoil to 13# still playing with different loads and bullets. Doing a plate shoot competition this Friday will let you know how things go.

Offline Hammerd

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
Hey MO is that a tactical or target trigger?

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »
Hey MO is that a tactical or target trigger?
The 'tactical' one.  Had a 'target' one on my Shadow 2, but switched that to a 'Tactical' as well which I like better.  I also suggest getting a replacement trigger pin specifically for the Tactical Sport from Cajun.  The stock hollow pin can be a real pain to fit in that trigger...I had to ream out the hole a bit.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:05:02 PM by MoRivera »

Offline Hammerd

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
Ordered my tactical sports blue large hand trigger today not a easy piece to find here is a link.
WWW.luckydelta.com  have a translator open in a window using German lol also ordered a few other things as well. They have all the hard to get parts. Ordered the pin as you mentioned from Cajun gun works. 8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:00:22 PM by Hammerd »

anything