Author Topic: Another "different" PreB  (Read 914 times)

Offline briang2ad

Another "different" PreB
« on: February 18, 2018, 04:26:11 PM »
Saw one in an LGS and they asked my help to value it.  Blued 85 version, but the flats were polished on the frame and slide, the rest was matte.  Maybe it is a Franconia gun, but I doubt it. Another 'odd' thing was that is had NO half cock.  My '84' has the half cock and I was pretty sure that the only ones which didn't were old short railed versions. 

My guess is that the finish was not original and the hammer could have been added.  One of the mags was etched but didn't match.  No box or papers. 

The Guardian

Re: Another "different" PreB
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
So what was the final "value" determined to be..........I'm guessing, without seeing it....maybe $350-ish?  ???

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
You are correct about the half-cock feature. It was introduced in early 1980 (Cold War Pistols of Czechoslovakia, James D. Brown) so only the latest run of short-rails would have it. Any chance of photos?

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
Sorry folks.  I told them to ME, a buyer who knows a few things, $350 max.  The finish was a bit shoddy also - typical field brown/rust on grip areas.  This shop is reasonable, so they might stick to what I said.  I have not been back to check it out.  Also, my pic account is gone, and not sure what to use now. 

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »
If you have a smartphone or tablet, the Tapatalk app is the easiest means of posting photos on forums.

anything