Author Topic: CZ P10C problem  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Unseen System

CZ P10C problem
« on: February 19, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
I recently purchased a CZ P-10C. Serial # beginning with "C". The very first round I fired through the gun failed to eject properly and stovepiped. I cleared the gun and fired another 150 rounds before experiencing a failure to lock back. Besides these two malfunctions, the pistol functioned just fine and shot very, very accurately. I'm just wondering if the 2 malfunctions were due to the pistol being new and still so tight?? I usually shoot at the range 2-3 times per week and average about 350-500 rounds per session. I was using factory Blazer Brass and American Eagle 115 gr. I like the feel of the pistol enough so I bought it with the intention of working it into my EDC. However, I would like to be able to trust the pistol fully before carrying.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:12:57 PM by Unseen System »

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
Re: CZ P10C problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 12:58:34 PM »
I recently purchased a CZ P-10C. Serial # beginning with "C". The very first round I fired through the gun failed to eject properly and stovepiped. I cleared the gun and fired another 150 rounds before experiencing a failure to lock back. Besides these two malfunctions, the pistol functioned just fine and shot very, very accurately. I'm just wondering if the 2 malfunctions were due to the pistol being new and still so tight?? I usually shoot at the range 2-3 times per week and average about 350-500 rounds per session. I was using factory Blazer Brass and American Eagle 115 gr. I like the feel of the pistol enough so I bought it with the intention of working it into my EDC. However, I would like to be able to trust the pistol fully before carrying.

Did you thoroughly clean and lubricate your P-10 before you fired it the first time and is there any chance your support thumb was riding the slide? I've never had either of those malfunctions on my P-10. Try another couple of hundred rounds and see what happens.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
It's easy to ride the slide stop and have the pistol not lock back on the final round.

Offline Unseen System

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 01:39:05 PM »
Actually that was a possibility. I do believe I may have been holding down the slide stop. I'm not positive but there is a chance there. I do clean and lube my firearms after purchasing and before heading to the range. I also keep the slide lock back a night or two just to hopefully loosen up some tensions. But I will try again and see what happens. Thanks for your responses guys

Offline cremaley

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »
Be sure to let us know how your next trip to the range goes.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:38:57 PM »
Not sure that FMJ stuff is as "hot" as self defense hollow points would be.  Have you shot any of the ammo you carry yet?  Rearward slide movement and ejection should be pretty force full with the full power ammo.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Unseen System

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 08:28:48 PM »
Went to the range today. Was able to put 400 rounds down range with the CZ P-10C. Figured that running my thumbs forward was interfering with the slide lock causing a failure to lock back. It's funny because many has complained that the slide stop on their P10C are very stiff if using as a slide release. The slide stop on mine is crazy sensitive. Any smallest pressure will drop the slide forward. The Stovepipe that i experienced must have been due to it being a new pistol with tight springs. 400 rounds today cycled flawlessly (which is great news). Hope you all find luck in yours. Thanks to all that had responded.

Offline cremaley

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:33:53 PM »
That's great news! Now just shoot the crap out of it and enjoy.
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Springfield 911 .380

Offline Unseen System

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »
That's great news! Now just shoot the crap out of it and enjoy.

Absolutely!  :D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 04:30:51 AM »
Sweet, good to know all is well.

Offline pdq5oh

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
My P10C is my first CZ. It has run flawlessly from round 1. I put an HBI trigger in and love that upgrade. Very accurate and fun to shoot.
Phil

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
Not sure that FMJ stuff is as "hot" as self defense hollow points would be.  Have you shot any of the ammo you carry yet?  Rearward slide movement and ejection should be pretty force full with the full power ammo.
Blazer Brazz FMJ is ually 1200 FPS or more, is that not considered warm to you? If a gun can't cycle with that kinda stuff I would throw it into a lake.

anything