Author Topic: Kadet on SP01  (Read 1273 times)

Offline ShooterJD

Kadet on SP01
« on: February 19, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a Kadet kit for my SP01. The SP01 was purchased directly from CGW with their pro package installed. My question is would the Kadet be reliable with the lighter mainspring in the CGW made SP01. I will not change out anything on the CGW gun as it is perfectly set up. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Offline Tok36

Re: Kadet on SP01
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
From what i have gathered reliable Kadet function is in part dependent on the weight of the hammer spring you have installed and the type of ammo you are running. It is not unlikely that you would need to change out the hammer spring in the frame while running the kadet. Changing a hammer spring is not hard to accomplish. It should only take a few mins once you get the hang of it.

If i remember correctly a 17# hammer spring will work in any set up. In some cases CZ owners have been able to run consistently with lower hammer spring weights but this is dependent on the set up of the pistol/ammo and requires testing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:08:14 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline baldrage

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:54:03 PM »
FWIW, I have an SPO1 Shadows Custom with 13# hammer spring. It works well with the kadet, about 5% light strikes with .22 ammo that usually fire with a second trigger pull in CA.

Offline steel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:43 PM »
I've had issues with my Shadow, Shadow T, and Compact L and my Kadet II.  Probably about 10% light strikes.  I didn't want to alter these guns in any way, because I like them just the way they are.  I bought a 75B stainless which had been converted to SAO by CZC.  I changed to a 17 pound mainspring and it is 100% reliable with the Kadet II upper.  Changing to the heavier mainspring did not alter the trigger pull appreciably.

Offline coachdave2001

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 11:10:30 AM »
Hi, I want to do the same thing. I'm picking up my SP01 next weekend and called CGW yesterday to get more info on the pro package. I asked this question to them and they said many of their customers have done this. He did mention there is one or two things they would do differently to allow them pp work with the Kadet. I plan to get my kadet first then send both items to CGW when they install my package. One other thing they said if the Kadet needed to be filed they would take care of that too. Depending on the effort involved there could be a small fee to fit the kadet.

Bottom line is I'd call CGW and ask them what it would be to have them adjust the package. I'm too new to this to know remember what parts they needed to do a little differently.   They're super nice there and happy to talk to you.

anything