Author Topic: Heads Up! Surprising (somewhat) USPSA holster find for Tactical Sport/Orange  (Read 9394 times)

Offline MoRivera

Or in my case, a Tactical Sport Blue, which is very similar to the Orange with the full frame underlug/dustcover.  I originally got a Ghost 'The One' race holster for an SP-01 to fit my TS Blue, but it would need some modification so I returned it.  I ordered a 'Thunder' model (a more conventional kydex model on a race-holster offset) for my Shadow 2, but just for kicks inserted my TS Blue.....and lo and behold, it fit.  And fit really well...I actually think better than the Shadow 2 in terms of both how well it cradles it, but also how smoothly it draws.  The Shadow 2 can hang a bit if some lateral pressure is applied, but the TS Blue comes right out.  So I can basically use this for both pistols, which I plan to do for USPSA Limited Minor.

With the Shadow 2:

With the Tactical Sport Blue"

The muzzle of the TS Blue extends out a tiny bit, but doesn't get caught at all when drawing.  Is this still 'legal' in USPSA?

Link to holster model:
https://www.ghostholsterdirect.com/shop/ghost-holster-stinger/

It was a bit of an ordeal finding a kydex holster (outside of Red Hill or custom made) that fit the fuller underlug of the TS Orange (sans thumb rest)/Blue, as some made for the regular TS had a narrower underlug area for the TS' relieved underlug.  This one fit it to a T, aside from being only slightly short.  It should fit the regular TS well, because the rest of the holster fits snugly around the sides and top.  Could be a good option for those looking for a competition TS holster that's pretty quick to get (delivered in two days).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:04:04 AM by MoRivera »

Offline IronicTwitch

Glad you found something and quick too!  That is legal for limited, just needs to cover the trigger so good to go!

Offline dbracin

I just went with Red Hill, but that looks like it would work good.

Offline inkw8ll

Will it work with thumbrest?
CZ TSO 9mm

Offline George16

Will it work with thumbrest?

It will not work with a thumb rest. I called ghost and inquired about that when I was looking for a holster for my TSO. The customer/tech rep told me that it will only fit the TSO without the thumbrest. Just like Mo said, it?s a little bit on the short side because the TSO is about 1/2? longer than the Shadow 2.

I ended up ordering a RHT TSO holster for use with a thumb rest. When I received the holster, I had to Drexel the opening a little bit to have enough clearance for the CZC red dot mount and thumb rest. I like it very much.

anything