Author Topic: Another aftermarket company, Cain Arms  (Read 4813 times)

Offline JACK_89

Another aftermarket company, Cain Arms
« on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:59 AM »
https://www.cainarms.com/

So these guys are 3d printing magazine extensions, and magwells for all kinds of pistols, including the cz p10c.  And obviously the extensions will work with the p07 as well. Not sure how durable they will be. But for the price, (about $18) they might be good for range use.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:40:07 AM by Wobbly »

Offline William_Broadus

Re: Another aftermarket company, Cain Arms
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:31:18 AM »
https://www.cainarms.com/base-pads/
So these guys are 3d printing magazine extensions, and magwells for all kinds of pistols, including the cz p10c.  And obviously the extensions will work with the p07 as well. Not sure how durable they will be. But for the price, (about $18) they might be good for range use.
I've used their extensions on Glock magazines and would recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline rich63

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:35:22 AM »
Be careful of this company. A while back, I think last year sometime, their polymer extensions were melting if left in a car or truck for extended periods of time. The owner claims this issue has been addressed and corrected. Before buying these extensions, do your homework and check them out thoroughly. I was going to buy several for my P10C, I phoned the company and asked about the issue and was told it was corrected. When I was asking more follow up questions, I got attitude and again was told the issue was corrected and got hung up on. I'm sure normally they might be great to deal with, but when I initially contacted them it was right when they discovered the problem and were dealing with allot of annoyed customers. That one experience has stuck with me, and I will not buy anything from them. Good luck.

rich63
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:38:38 AM by rich63 »

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
Be careful of this company. A while back, I think last year sometime, their polymer extensions were melting if left in a car or truck for extended periods of time. The owner claims this issue has been addressed and corrected. Before buying these extensions, do your homework and check them out thoroughly. I was going to buy several for my P10C, I phoned the company and asked about the issue and was told it was corrected. When I was asking more follow up questions, I got attitude and again was told the issue was corrected and got hung up on. I'm sure normally they might be great to deal with, but when I initially contacted them it was right when they discovered the problem and were dealing with allot of annoyed customers. That one experience has stuck with me, and I will not buy anything from them. Good luck.

rich63

Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:37:34 AM by Wobbly »
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »

rich63

First Impressions in customer service are everything.
I just had a logo for my new company created online, the guy I worked with was fantastic, he was in Pakistan, highly educated Graphics designer. It was very inexpensive, did it on fiverr.com contractor's name was " logo Kings. I highly recommend him.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:37:51 AM by Wobbly »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Litshoot

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »
I wonder if their able to make urban grey as a custom color

Offline Turbojosh

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 06:26:32 PM »
So I know this has been dead for a while but I ordered one of these magazine extensions and I'm very disappointed. The overall quality and consistency is quite poor and very cheap, there were hairs hanging off of it on all sides, the design is inconsistent and doesn't seem to be made to fit the gun. I would be able to look past all of this if it was functional but at most I've only been able to get a single extra round into the magazine instead of the advertised 4-5. They don't have a phone number or anything to contact them either. I recommend going a different route.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline joedirt199

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 12:34:00 PM »
Yeah got 3 for my p09 mags and they didn't fit with their retention screw having too big a head on it. They are now sitting in the extras pile of stuff. Way better options out there.
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Offline Cbales51

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
I had the melting problem happen to me first hand. They replaced it with another but it ended up doing the same thing.... just save up a little more money and go with shield arms extensions or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Turbojosh

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 05:58:29 PM »
So an update on this, I took a dremel to the inner lip of the extension and now I'm able to fit 4 extra rounds in there but it catches on the way up with more than 3 rounds so 18 rounds total.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 06:48:36 PM »
What's amazing is after all that's been said in the past number of posts somebody is still going to try and buy one.🤪
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 05:16:51 AM »
What's amazing is after all that's been said in the past number of posts somebody is still going to try and buy one.🤪
If they actually fix the issue that's one thing. To your point everyone buys things from companies that have poor QC and ships defective products. Car companies, gun companies, electronics companies, the list goes on.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:35 AM »
The link in the OP doesn’t work for me. Just shows error. Probably for the best though.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:40:38 AM by Wobbly »

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »

So these guys are 3d printing magazine extensions, and magwells for all kinds of pistols, including the cz p10c.  And obviously, the extensions will work with the p07 as well. Not sure how durable they will be. But for the price, (about $18) they might be good for range use.

Well my bad for sure, I saw this post and did not look at the date and even worse I did not read down the page!  :o Long story short,I bought 2, 0 extensions for my CZ75 and 2 for my 07. Both installed ok, the screw seemed fine but the plastic thingy that the screw goes through seemed suspect I guess. Anyways cut right to the chase, installed, looked functioned fine, when doing a reload I dropped the mags out on to the concrete floor @ our range BOTH mag bottom extensions came off the mag and springs and things went flying across the floor! One extention just came off and the other one the lip broke. Anyways with that being my 1st experience with them the ones on my 75 mags are coming off and heading back also with no chance of going to the range on any of my guns, LOL. I would hope for a full refund with return postage included, but we will see. At this time I believe I would stay away from there mag extensions, at least there 0 ones. Their other products could be fine but the mag extensions need a redesign and a little more "beef" in the lip/mounting area. I'll let you guys know how my "refund" goes.  ::)

Offline Dave828

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2022, 09:12:26 PM »
I know this is old topic but I just ordered and received a few of these Cain extenders for my CZ97. Man I was so hopeful that this would give me 2 extra rounds. Nope. Not even 1 extra. Still 10 max. I can almost make the 11th go but holy crap this is frustrating. Does anybody have quality mag extension for cz97. Love the gun. Hate it low capacity mags.