Author Topic: two 75B questions . . .  (Read 1566 times)

Offline FarmerTan

two 75B questions . . .
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »
Hey, folks. I've now got about 2000 rds through my 75B and have a couple questions for the forum.

1) Is it "normal" for the slide to go into battery on its own when I slap the magazine home? If I insert it firmly, but don't slap it in, the slide remains locked back.

2) I'm seeing some pitting on the feed ramp after 2000 rounds or less. I've kept it clean and lubed, and only ever used brass cased ammo, and decent quality stuff too (mostly Winchester or Remington). No cycling problems, but it doesn't seem to me that there should be pitting at this early stage of its life. Any thoughts?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: two 75B questions . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 01:16:34 PM »
Some pistols do it.  Some don't.  Some people like it because it removes an extra step/action (releasing the slide) from the reloading process.

Pitting?  Never seen pitting.  Are you sure it's not copper/brass marks from the shells feeding into the chamber?
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
Hey, folks. I've now got about 2000 rds through my 75B and have a couple questions for the forum.

1) Is it "normal" for the slide to go into battery on its own when I slap the magazine home? If I insert it firmly, but don't slap it in, the slide remains locked back.

2) I'm seeing some pitting on the feed ramp after 2000 rounds or less. I've kept it clean and lubed, and only ever used brass cased ammo, and decent quality stuff too (mostly Winchester or Remington). No cycling problems, but it doesn't seem to me that there should be pitting at this early stage of its life. Any thoughts?
My 75B is if similar ammo "milage" and still requires manipulating slide stop /slide after inserting new mags.   Also, no pitting on the feed ramp. (I had polished it with rotor tool)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline FarmerTan

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »
Yeah, it's definitely pitting on the feed ramp. I was really hoping that it was just carbon deposits, but no, and it is getting progressively worse. too. I might try putting a polishing wheel to it as n8 mentioned. So far, I haven't had any feed/cycling issues whatsoever, so its not that big of a deal (yet), but it is a little disappointing to see metal wear like that on such a new firearm.

I kinda like not having to rack or hit the slide release though, especially since I cannot reach the release with my thumb without altering my grip.

Offline JDL

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »
Pitting is not wear but is caused by rust being on long enough to form a pit by eating away metal. Corrosive ammo will cause pits if not cleaned quickly however, the barrel should be pitted also. Slide going into battery when slapping in another magazine is caused by the jar, making the slide release drop and is not a bad thing.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 07:05:28 PM »
As JDL says,  pitting is something caused by rust or a chemical reaction.  Either way, you should see what's causing the problem.  There's no finish on the barrel, so nothing there could be flaking away. 

How about some pictures of the problem area?

Offline English-gunner68

• A Brit with a gun.....
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
My Glock 19 does that if you slap the mag in with a little force ..

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »
I would get in touch with CZ-USA about the feed ramp.

Offline FarmerTan

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 06:38:33 PM »
Here's a photo