Author Topic: Rami P cajunized with defensive package..  (Read 2380 times)

Offline dannyvi

Rami P cajunized with defensive package..
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
Anyone own one ? I know they had problems with the polymer but i havemone with no bulging problems with SS slide that i really like to be done! Any comments would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:10:18 PM by dannyvi »

Offline TNman

Re: Rami P cajunized with defensive package..
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:27:03 PM »
Anyone own one ? I know they had problems with the polymer but i havemone with no bulging problems with SS slide that i really like to be done! Any comments would be appreciated!
Could you please rephrase the question? I'm not what you are asking.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline TNman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »
Could you please rephrase the question? I'm not what you are asking.

Omitted the word "clear" in that reply

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »
Sorry! I i have a Rami P with the polymer frame that i like over the alloy framed model. I dont think this is a defective one that bulges after shot a lot. I want keep this and add the CGW defensive  carry package. I had hoped someone also has the same model that was also worked on and see how it came out. This was fired a lot and works great. I actually have two Ramis and the other has an alloy frame. The polymer just feels better in my hand and abit lighter. Cant afford to have both done! Opinions? Thanks.

Offline TNman

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »
Sorry! I i have a Rami P with the polymer frame that i like over the alloy framed model. I dont think this is a defective one that bulges after shot a lot. I want keep this and add the CGW defensive  carry package. I had hoped someone also has the same model that was also worked on and see how it came out. This was fired a lot and works great. I actually have two Ramis and the other has an alloy frame. The polymer just feels better in my hand and abit lighter. Cant afford to have both done! Opinions? Thanks.
My RAMI is the alloy version so I can't help you. Contact David at CGW for a good opinion.

Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 09:25:39 PM »
Ok, thanks.

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 10:08:02 PM »
Bulging problems. I haven't ever heard of that. What's going on with them?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline cntrydawwwg

Rami P cajunized with defensive package..
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 10:28:11 PM »

The poly on the Rami P was weak. The spot where the slide stop spring mounted in the frame would bulge out. For quite awhile CZ was replacing with an alloy Rami, then they decided the bulge was a non issue and only cosmetic, thereby stopping the replacements. Then they discontinued the Rami P.

Funny thing, I remember reading a few threads that the bulge seemed to only showed up on the frames w/the black slide. Those with the SS slide like Dannyvi?s seemed to be ok for the most part.

OP, I?d call CGW also for what it?s worth.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »

The poly on the Rami P was weak. The spot where the slide stop spring mounted in the frame would bulge out. For quite awhile CZ was replacing with an alloy Rami, then they decided the bulge was a non issue and only cosmetic, thereby stopping the replacements. Then they discontinued the Rami P.

Funny thing, I remember reading a few threads that the bulge seemed to only showed up on the frames w/the black slide. Those with the SS slide like Dannyvi?s seemed to be ok for the most part.

That's interesting. I haven't heard of this before, so I appreciate the explanation. I plan to get a RAMI decocker model in the future. Is this an issue I should be concerned about or try to work around?

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »

That's interesting. I haven't heard of this before, so I appreciate the explanation. I plan to get a RAMI decocker model in the future. Is this an issue I should be concerned about or try to work around?

Not at all, the BD is alloy frame, the Rami P was a Poly frame, safety model, and no longer made.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:37:32 PM »

Not at all, the BD is alloy frame, the Rami P was a Poly frame, safety model, and no longer made.
Gotcha, that's great news. Thanks for the info and answer. I'm looking forward to owning one.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »
Thanks! Only reason i have the safety model is i prefer it over the decocker, plus i have rare  stainless steel model slide. I have small hands and suits me better. I do have the alloy model also with the safety.

Offline MJZZZ

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 11:03:43 AM »
CZ worked on my Rami P w/stainless slide twice, once for reliability issues the second for frame bulge. I really loved that gun and had I known CZ was not going to return it to me, I would not have sent it in for repair the second time. On the bright side I did get a brand new 08 Rami BD from CZ to replace it.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 10:01:00 PM »
Sorry to hear! Yes, i love my stainless P and so far not a sign of bulging. Dont remember round count but it has a lot! Really feels great with my smaller hands. I tjink CZ just did not have the correct polymer mixture the first time. Maybe they shoild try again as they now have polymer pisto,s with no problem.for now, i carry my stainless P. This will be going to CGW for Defensive carry pavkage as soon as they send me GO email to ship. Im on the list!

anything